A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

What a day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I love Mondays! A love a fresh week, a fresh to do list, and a fresh start. Yesterday started out a little rocky though...

While I was midway through my 6 miler on the treadmill at Planet Fitness, I suddenly got the feeling that I didn't pack shoes in my gym back. I hopped off the treadmill to check. Sure enough, my grey ankle boots were not in my bag! I was not willing to wear my pink running shoes with my black dress to work that day, so I cut my run to 5 miles and headed home to shower and get dressed instead. Whoops.

At lunchtime I was starving. (I only had a banana an coffee for breakfast.) I peeled the two hard boiled eggs I brought along with me. I poured some salt on them and sat down at my desk to input some grades and eat my lunch. But when I cut into the eggs, the yolks squirted out. I hadn't cooked them the whole way through! The only other food I had in my classroom was an apple and Starbursts. I ate the apple and was just hangry the whole rest of the day!

Everything else went pretty well. If the worst part of my day is running one less mile than planned and not having a proper lunch, that's not so bad!

Hopefully my Tuesday goes a little more smoothly!

Update: So the carbon monoxide detector started going off at 3:17 on this morning. I laid there for an hour, hoping I would fall back asleep (as it continued beeping) and then finally I got up and took out the batteries. By then I was awake, so I just got up and watched Anderson Cooper with Jelly.



Come on Tuesday, what else ya got for me!?
How was your Monday?

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, hope the rest of the week goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally rally I love hat fresh start feeling too, but lately things have been feeling a bit deflating to me. Frank works for a nonprofit that gets its funding from the federal government and starting in a week or so he won’t be getting a paycheck. I’ve been having trouble really getting that new start feeling with that mess. Running and sleeping have really taken a bit of a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry your family is one of the ones that is directly impacted by the stupid freaking shut down!!! It's ridiculous.

      Delete