A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Back to reality...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Yesterday, it was back to reality. I had a wonderful winter break even though I got a little bored toward the end. I wish I could say I was excited to go back to work, but I knew a long to do list, a full schedule, and lots of stress was awaiting me.

Luckily, my first day back was very good! My alarm didn't go off at 5:30, but luckily, Jelly saved the day and woke me up at 5:35! I hit up the gym and did a six mile progression run. I wrote all my lesson plans (in my head) while I was running. (That's not exactly the best way to write lesson plans, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!)

The worst thing that happened was I forgot my breakfast and my lunch. Bummer! I ended up having to grab a protein bar for breakfast on my way to work and just eat an apple and banana for lunch. I was getting dizzy by the end of the day!


380 calories. 
27 grams of cards. 30 grams of protein. 16 grams of fat.
SUPER LEGIT and actually very tasty!

The children were pretty well behaved and remembered their routines, so the school day went well. I did have a very long to do list but managed to cross a lot of things off of it.


Back at stair duty!

My Covert Coworker (kind of like a Secret Santa) visited me as well. I got some Lucky Charms marshmallows! Yummmm! I let my last class of the day (4th grade) play 20 questions to try to figure out what my gift was. It took them 20 questions exactly to guess marshmallows and 21 to guess Lucky Charms marshmallows. They are smart cookies!



All in all, it was great to connect with the kids again, even though some of them still tried to tell me what to do. I thought the teacher was supposed to tell the kids what to do!?


I hope the rest of the week goes just as well as Wednesday!

Teachers: Where's the weirdest place you wrote lesson plans?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a writer so I get it that you "wrote" on the treadmill. I always get my best ideas when I'm working out or running- the creative process doesn't always take place at a desk or computer (in fact, it usually doesn't!).

    Those marshmallows are awesome! I wish stores here sold them in smaller containers like that alone. I've seen huge containers in candy shops but those were really expensive and I don't need THAT many marshmallows.

    Glad you had a good first day back at school, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you "get" me with the writing thing! It was more of a procrastination thing than a creative thing though haha! But sometimes I do get really creative with school ideas on a run!

      Delete