It's been a couple years since I've done a musical, but I'm excited to be performing in Godspell at Gettysburg Community Theater!
The show runs:
March 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18
Fri & Sat @ 8pm
Sun @ 2pm
You can purchase tickets online @
Today, I'm going to share 5 things I love about being in a show again!
1. Meeting new people. Even though I'm not a shy person, I was feeling a little shy at the first couple rehearsals. I didn't know anyone and a lot of the cast already knew each other. Meeting so many new people was both scary and awesome at the same time. The cast is kind, talented, and hard working! It's great to be part of this group.
2. Learning challenging music. We are doing the 2012 revival version of Godspell which has harder music than the original. I am loving the challenge and I am loving that I get to sing something that gives me joy. I sing all day with the students at school, but there, it's all about them. I like that I am finally getting to sing something for me.
3. Dancing. Choreography rehearsals are probably my favorite. We rehearse in the basement where there are wall to wall mirrors, which really helps to make sure you're doing the dance moves correctly.
4. Getting out of the house. Let's face it, I can get stuck in a rut pretty easily. Run, work, teach piano lessons, do a puzzle, go to bed... every day... Throwing in musical rehearsals definitely makes my weeks crazier and I get a lot less sleep. But it is fun to get out of the house during the week and mix things up.
5. NOT BEING IN CHARGE. Guys, I am in charge ALL. DAY. LONG. at school and at home teaching piano lessons. It is sooooooo fun to go to rehearsal and not be in charge of ANYTHING. Someone teaches me the music. Someone teaches me the dance. I don't have to make any decisions, I just have to follow directions from the director and music director. Normally I am a control freak, but I can't tell you how freeing it is to not have to be in charge once in awhile.