A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, April 10, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up!


Happy Monday!

Before I do my wrap up, I want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to my little brother, Tyler, who rode his bicycle 201 miles UNASSISTED from his house in Central PA to his in-law's house in Southern DE. HE IS A BEAST!!!!

HE MADE IT!!!!!


When my alarm went off Friday morning, I was so relieved it was the weekend. I just had to make it through the work day... It seemed like a daunting task!

I ran 6 miles in the morning and unfortunately had to wear pants for the first time in about two weeks!

Work wasn't too bad. I was out of chicken so I had a strange lunch...


Paul went to a comedy show that night. He went to see Randy and Lahey from Trailer Park Boys. I normally get home from work at 4pm, but he was going to be gone by then, so I decided I may as well run some errands.

My first stop was Jiffy Lube on the Carlisle Pike. I FREAKING LOVE JIFFY LUBE and go there every time I need my oil changed. They are very nice, respectful and always greet me with a smile. I can't say enough about the excellent customer service they provide.

Rockin the short hair at the 'Lube.

Then I headed to TJ Maxx to find the perfect romper... More on that in my Friday 5 post coming up at the end of the week! Spoilet Alert: I did not find the perfect romper.


It was a quiet night- just me and the cats. It seemed like the only food we had in our house was veggies, so I made myself a veggie bowl. Then ruined the healthfulness of it by chasing it with buffalo pretzels and chunks of cheese!



It was a beautiful, brisk, sunny morning, so I headed up to Millersburg to do some trail running with my daddio!



Then we ate lunch at Max's, which was DELISH.


That evening, we went to Paul's parent's house because his brother's family was visiting from Delaware. We had a great time hanging out with our nieces and nephews.




Me, Paul, his momma, and our SIL escaped the craziness of the house and went out for dinner at the Tomato Pie Cafe. We tried an actual tomato pie and it was SOOOO GOOD! Paul and I will be back to this place.



Tomato pie tastes like... very flavorful pizza with a buttery crust!


My morning was spent doing my normal thing- blogging and watching the Sunday news shows. 80% of my blogging for the week is done on Sundays! It is a relief since my weeks are so busy and it's hard to concentrate on writing after working all day.

I dropped Paul off at Empire Asian Bistro to get sushi with his male friends. While he spent time with them, I putzed around Burlington Coat Factory. I tried on at least 20 items but didn't buy any of them! 

This is my "shopping dress". I wear it because it's easy to take off and put back on!

I did buy some cute stud earrings and my FAVORITE fragrance... Can Can by Paris Hilton.

About 8 years ago, I bought the fragrance Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton which I really liked. It came with some smaller bottle of three other fragrances- Can Can, Heiress, and Siren. Can Can was my favorite! Those Paris Hilton fragrances were the only eau de perfumes I ever had other than CK One when I was in high school! All my other good smelly stuff was lotions or body sprays. Well at Burlington, I found the perfume Can Can and I GOT IT! I freaking love it!!!


I also finally got some running sunglasses at the Dollar Tree. They were $1! You can't tell, can you!?


After I was done shopping, I picked Paul up from his sushi man date and we headed over the the Appalachian Trail at Sherwood Drive. We hiked 6 miles round trip up to the top of the mountain to see the overlook.


I wondered if I looked like a soccer mom with my visor, short hair, and fanny pack. (Fanny pack is blending in with my black shirt.)

 There were lots of people with dogs out on the trails. One of them jumped up on Paul and he got the perfect paw prints on his shorts!


 The overlook!




Actually, we hiked 5 miles and I ran 1 mile... Once we hiked down from the overlook, Paul realized he forgot his water bottle up there. BWAHAHAHA! Paul leaves his water bottle everywhere. I ran back up to get it and ran back down.

That night was MEXICAN NIGHT!!!! We had margaritas with our dinner. That constitutes Mexican night, right!?

I had a great weekend. I am so glad it's warm out! It was almost 80 degrees today! It felt great to be OUTSIDE.
Have you ever had tomato pie?
What fragrances do you wear?
Do you have a "shopping dress?"
Where is your favorite spot on the AT to hike?

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Thats a good idea to wear a dress thats easy to change in and out of when you are shopping. I never thought of that and usually just wear leggings and a hoodie. I do make sure to wear shoes that are easy to slide on and off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the slip on shoes are key as well! In summer it is easier due to sandals!

      Delete
  2. WAY TO GO TYLER!!! Your family is made up of some awesome athletes!

    I wear a similar dress when I'm clothes shopping for the same reason :D

    My current go-to fragrances are Cotton by Marc Jacobs and Bora Bora. I've been wearing Bora Bora for yearssssss because it's Adam's favorite, but one of my friend's says it's a perfume for old ladies lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a pretty motivated family! I will have to smell Bora Bora next time I see it and see if it smells old lady-ish.

      Delete
  3. Wow and congrats to Tyler!
    I've had something similar to Tomato pie except it is called Cheeseburger pie. I hadn't had it in a while though. My favorite scents were one from Victoria's secret and one from Mary KAY, both which I believe are now discontinued. I'm super excited about this 80 degree weather but I have been so tired lately so don't know if I'll get out much to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeseburger pie sounds REALLY good! I hope you get your energy back soon. You have been sick long enough!

      Delete
  4. How are those prepackaged hard boiled eggs? I'm always a little leery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they taste fine. I have to learn how to boil them myself. Although they give me GAS.

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a great day hiking and congrats to your bro on his bike ride! When I'm clothes shopping I usually wear a tank top under whatever I have on because that just makes it easy to try on things. I hate having to take stuff on and off a ton.

    We have tomato pie here and it's so good :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder is it a southern thing? I have never heard of it before this weekend!

      Delete
  6. OK, so your entire family is just amazing! Very inspiring. I have three fragrances that are Sharp Family Approved (meaning both Rick and I are OK with them)....Bulgari, Marc Jacobs, Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "Sharp Family Approved"... the SFA seal of approval!

      Delete
  7. Holy crap, go Tyler!!!

    Girl, your hair is cuter every time I see it. I am seriously loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I am having fun seeing what I can do with it. The new styles mostly happen by accident.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Congrats to Tyler!

    What a fun weekend! I love the AT so much. My favorite spot is probably Mt Katahdin. I think you had better weather than we did out here. I got dumped on by a snow storm. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that snow looked beautiful!!! I have only been on the AT in PA.

      Delete
  9. Way to go Tyler!! is he training for something, or just testing how far he can ride the bike? that's amazing!

    What was your lunch? two cheeseballs and carrots?

    Yums chunks of cheese!! I'm craving some cheddar right now!

    Good luck with your romper search! did you try Ross? I just got a dress there for graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is training for a half ironman and then a full! But the double century? He is just crazy. :) Lunch was 2 hard boiled eggs and carrots! I did try Ross. I did the whole Ross/Marshalls/TJ thing. I am just so picky!

      Delete