A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Rachel did my hair and makeup!

It's no secret I'm not good with hair or makeup. That's why whenever I hang out with my friend Rachel, I am always in awe of her perfect makeup, her perfect hair, and her perfect clothes. I'm always asking Rachel where she shops and where she got whatever purse she is carrying that day. She just always looks very put together and I want to look like her! (But not in a creepy way.)

Yesterday, while Paul and Bob, were out buying an energy efficient washing machine at Lowe's (very manly, right!?), Rachel came over and did my hair and makeup!

First she did my hair. With a blow dryer, she blew it forward and did kind of an Audrey Hepburn looking thing.

Then she did my makeup- with her good makeup. I asked a lot of stupid questions so I could get some tips on how to do eye shadow (I never wear it because I don't know how to do it) and high lighter. I think that's what it's called... She put it on my cheeks so they glowed.

Here's the before makeup... 

Scary!

Don't I look like Norman Bates in this one!?



Here's the after!




Obviously, Rachel is very talented!

Whether I can recreate the hair and makeup, we will have to wait and see!

Paul definitely liked my hair!
Did you ever have a friend do your hair and makeup?

12 comments:

  1. Aww I think Rachel will love all your compliments towards her!
    I find it difficult to do hair on other people. Rachel did a fantastic job on your hair and make up!

    PS, I am impressed that Paul and Bob went shopping for a washing machine without a women's opinion. Who was the machine for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machine is for US. And there is a story I will have to tell you in private. :)

      Delete
  2. Megan - You look gorgeous, but you look great with or without makeup - natural beauty! I had someone do my hair for my sister's wedding - it looked really pretty, but I still like to do my own hair and makeup. I have been doing it for so long, I feel like i am an expert. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you enjoy hair and makeup? I know some people like to play around with it.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I'm also thinking Amelie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rachel did a great job on your hair and make-up. I LOVE it! I've only had my hair/make-up done by someone else one time and that was my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine done on my wedding day too! The place I went... the girl forgot her makeup at HOME! So she had to run home and get it and come back. It was very stressful for me!

      Delete
  5. I love all the photos, but the last one is GOLDEN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am DYYYYING at the Norman Bates comparison hahahaha!!!

    I love how she did your hair kind of "windblown" or something...it has so much life and movement!

    I have friends who every time I see them I am like, shit, you are SO put together all the time. And then I second-guess my current habit of "no makeup because I'm lazy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you laugh! It was literally the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw myself with my hair blown forward and without makeup! :)

      Delete
  7. Seriously.Super.Cute.Hair.

    ReplyDelete