Today's Friday 5 theme is FOOD & DRINK (per the rules of the Friday 5 Link Up).
I often struggle with what to say about FOOD & DRINK. Does anyone care about what I'm eating and drinking? I guess it is my job as a writer to compel you to read about what I'm eating and drinking! Okay, I will try!
Lately, I've been incorporating some new foods into my diet and bringing in some throwback staples that I haven't eaten in quite awhile.
Here's what's happenin' IN MY BELLY!
1. Corn. I don't know why, but I have never really been into corn. For some reason, Paul got some frozen corn and we started having it to eat with our dinner. I love it! Of course I cover it in salt. Update: Someone just told me there is NO nutritional value in corn. Is this so????
2. Cottage Cheese. I used to eat this a lot but got a little sick of it. I started buying it again and mixing in fruit like peaches and blueberries. I'm into it again!
3. Greek Yogurt. This is the same story as the cottage cheese. One thing though is that I think eating a lot of dairy makes me break out. It will be interesting to see if there's a difference in my skin now that I am eating Greek yogurt and cottage cheese again.
4. Oranges. These tend to be a good snack and a nice little blast of sugar. They don't fill me up for long, so they're only good if I need a little something.
5. Ice cream cones! If you are a longtime reader of my blog, you probably remember I was obsessed with ice cream! This past year I have been in an ice cream lull. But last week at Aldi, I saw some ice cream cones and it really made me hungry for ice cream- in a cone! So I'm back on the ice cream cone bandwagon. Perfect for summer!
Anything new you are eating these days?