Today is my last day of school with students. I must be so excited because I woke up at 3:41 to feed my cats and never fell back asleep. Yippy skippy!
I go back to work on Monday for an in-service day, but after that, it is all sunshine and roses until mid August when I go back and begin my 12th year teaching. I can't believe it. Am I that old??? I am.
I do continue to teach private piano lessons during the summer, but for the most part, I get to
relax get my shit together, hang out with Paul and the cats, and do things I don't have the energy for during the school year... like shave my legs and make smoothies.
Let's talk about some of the fitness activities I am excited to try and/or revamp this summer!
1. Lifting! The Hansons training plan does not factor in the fact that I like to lift 2-3 times a week. With school being in session, I have only had time to squeeze it in once a week- twice if I am lucky! When school is out, I will have time to lift 2-3 times a week like I want to.
2. Walking! I have been slacking on my weekend walks with my girlfriends. Sometimes the weeks are so crazy that on the weekend I just want to hibernate. This will no longer be so in the summer!
3. Kayaking! Does this count as a fitness activity? Paul and I are dying to kayak down the Yellow Breeches Creek. Who wants to go with us!?
4. Hiking! Paul and I have some new trails we want to check out here in PA. I know we will be hiking a lot when we travel to Rocky Mountain National Park this summer!
5. New Running Routes! I am in the habit of just running loops around my neighborhood. I hope that I am motivated to explore some new running routes this summer!
Teachers, is class dismissed for the summer yet?
Today, I'm linking up with the DC girls for Friday 5!