Today's Friday 5 theme is Food & Drink (per the rules of the Friday 5 Link Up), so I thought I'd talk about some of the things I plan on growing in my garden this year!
My mom always comes over to help me buy and plant everything. She is the expert. Eventually I will feel confident enough to do it myself, but not yet.
The first year I did my garden, it went really well! I got so many peppers, tomatoes, and butternut squash. Last year, things didn't go as well because we went on vacation for almost two weeks during the prime growing time of my garden. Even though our house sitter watered everything, there was nobody keeping after the plants to make sure they were growing in the right direction and whatnot.
To make matters worse, I ran over the butternut squash vine with the lawn mower and was only able to salvage two squash. It was so sad!
But this year, I will have THE BEST GARDEN!!! Here is what I am planning on growing...
1. Zucchini. I have been obsessed with Zucchini Fries.
2. Tomatoes. I use tomatoes for so many dishes. I can never have enough tomatoes and will probably do three plants.
3. Butternut Squash. Even though it is a bitch to cut up and I have been known to have a couple explode in my microwave... butternut squash are still really yummy when roasted.
4. Peppers. There are so many summer dishes I like to make with peppers. Pasta salad, casseroles, roasted on the grill...
5. Cilantro. It's so convenient having fresh cilantro in my back yard!
What would you grow if you had a garden?
Today, I'm linking up with the DC girls for Friday 5!