Do you ever have running dreams? I do... and they're BAD! Generally, I have dreams where I am trying to run and can't move my legs. Sometimes I dream that my alarm doesn't go off and I'm late for a race. But a couple weeks ago, I had a very vivid running dream that was just so weird that I had to share it with you!
Jump into my twisted brain... I dare you!
My dream began at the start line of a marathon down by the river in my hometown of Millersburg, PA. My goal for the marathon was to BQ. When the gun went off, me and many other runners were about 1/4 mile from the start. Everyone around me started running. I wanted to walk to the start (Hello, chip timing people!!) as to conserve energy, but everyone else was running so I did too.
That was just the first thing that went wrong at this race. Here are some other things that didn't go my way...
1. I kept forgetting to get water at the water stops.
2. Instead of grabbing salt tabs from a fuel station I grabbed a peanut butter donut.
3. I noticed I was wearing jean shorts instead of running shorts.
4. My Garmin wouldn't work and there were no mile markers.
5. For some reason, I had worn my backpack instead of hydration pack. I tossed it to my mom. I didn't need that weighing me down.
6. I kept getting lost on the course! We were supposed to follow orange crime scene tape but sometimes it would lead me in the wrong direction.
7. Sometimes my legs wouldn't move so I had to fly until they started moving again.
8. I had to pee really bad so I peed my pants.
9. The route went through people's houses. Sometimes there was furniture blocking hallways that we would have to move and climb through. "I'm never going to BQ on a course like this!" I kept thinking.
The end of the dream was the scariest. There was a man following me with a knife. He kept after me and was slicing the orange crime scene tape as he got closer and closer. My dad was following to try to protect me. I ran into a house and down into the basement. (Stupid!! Why did I do that???) I was desperately trying to find a door or window to get out of the basement before the guy caught up with me! He was upstairs fighting my dad.
Luckily, Christmas woke me up from my dream before the guy came down to the basement to kill me.
This was one of those very vivid dreams that I remembered so many details from. It's actually kind of funny I think.