Today's Friday 5 theme is FAVORITES (per the rules of the Friday 5 Link Up). Over the past couple weeks, Paul and I have been systematically spring cleaning our house. Today, I'll share with you my five favorite things about spring cleaning!
1. I feel in control of my life when closets and drawers are organized. Seriously, when I open my closet and see every item of clothing, shoes, and purse in place, I feel like I can take anything the day throws at me.
2. Getting rid of "stuff" is cathartic! Whether it's pitched, given to Good Will, are handed over to a friend, getting rid of things we don't need feels so good. And boy, did we have a lot of things we didn't need! I mean, I didn't count, but my best guess is we had somewhere around 30 coffee mugs. I'd like to think we'd have that many people over for coffee someday, but the reality is, we won't.
3. Less stuff = more space. Our closets, drawers and cupboards are not packed to the brim anymore, so it is extremely easy to find the things we actually do use.
4. Christmas has been peeing less. Christmas has his favorite little corners to pee in. I seriously could have done a Friday 5 post called "5 Favorite Places Christmas Pees". But now that I have scrubbed the floors and gotten rid of some furniture that he "likes" he has chilled out a bit.
5. We know what we need and don't need. Taking stock of what we have opens our eyes much more to things we don't need. For instance: Now that I have gotten a really good look at my purses, I know I do not NEED a new purse at all. Same for shoes. And gloves. I could use some more head bands for running though!
Now that the main part of our house is cleaned and organized, it's time to tackle the basement storage room... dun dun DUNNNN!!!!!
Yah, this could take awhile!
Today, I'm linking up with the DC girls for Friday 5!