This post was inspired by an article I read over at Huffington Post-
8 Things I Am Too Old For.
1. Cosmopolitan Magazine. I used to love diving into this mag! But let's examine some of the latest headlines:
When His Diet Makes You Feel Fat
Sex Tips So Hot You'll Get Turned On Just Reading Them
Would Your Life Be Better Blonde?
So, You Want Abs? Ok... we found the 5 minute plan to get you some
Love! Money! Success! Bedside Astrologer
Sorry, I just don't relate to these articles!
2. Wearing high heels to work. I love cute shoes, but I also love running and not being injured. Gone are the days I wore heels to work. I now save them for special occasions... or sitting down occasions.
3. Saying YES all the time. If I don't want to do something, I say NO and I don't apologize for it. I love saying no! I love not being busy! Having nothing to do is the BEST THING EVER.
4. Going to an event that starts at 9 o'clock or later. That's really too late for me. Why can't it start at 7? Or better yet, 6!
5. Apologizing for who I am.
6. Inadequate accommodations. Aka: sleeping on the floor, a couch, or a shitty hotel room. I don't need to be in the lap of luxury, but I do need a clean room that doesn't smell and a bed.
7. Negative people. Sometimes you don't even realize how negative someone is until a couple years have gone by and then suddenly you're like, WOZWERS! This person needs to GO.
8. These leggings. Probably. But I want them anyway!
What are you too old for?