1. My weeks are actual weeks this time. (Sometimes I make them longer.)
2. There's one speed workout each week- either 400s or 800s. I will most likely do these on the treadmill. I was a little conservative for the number of intervals I do. I may do more each session if my body is holding up!
4. Saturdays are tempo runs where I will do a portion at race pace.
5. I'm running 6 days, lifting upper body 2 days, and resting 1 day.
6. I'm gradually working my mileage up to 40 miles per week. (If you look at my plan and wonder why the numbers don't add up to much, it's because I'm adding a 1.5 mile w/u and c/d to my speed work and tempo runs.)
7. I want to keep my easy runs truly easy. Tuesdays I put "moderate" to allow myself to run a little faster if I feel like it. It won't be a speed session or anything like that, I just mean on those runs I will give myself a little wiggle room.
8. My goal is to run a 1:12:30 or faster.
One snafu I already noticed... When I lift, it takes me over an hour, and on Wednesdays I have myself lifting and running 5 miles. That's a lot! I was liking the idea of Friday being a complete rest day, but I may move my lifting to that day. Oy. I just don't want to get up at 4:45am to fit in lifting and running!
Do you like designing training plans?