A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


What a week! Remember how I complained that last week was boring? Well this week was the exact opposite. School was crazy busy, I trained two new clients (meganmichaeltraining.com!), taught piano lessons, and rehearsed with my dance partner two nights. I am tired just reliving what all went down and hope next week gives me a little more sleep- but the same amount of fun!



Friday after work, I rehearsed (for the second time!) with my dance partner for Dancing with the East Pennsboro Stars. Guys, he is sooooooo good. He went to Julliard. How the hell did I get so lucky to dance with someone who went to Julliard? Seriously. I am having the time of my life because I love, love, love, love, love to dance. Here are some of my notes from our session...



I was so tired from my busy week, I was in bed by 9:37 pm. I don't know how people go out on Friday nights! I am too tired from the week to do anything on a Friday but crash!




When I woke up Saturday morning, life was pretty good...

Look who came to cuddle me Saturday morning!
He loves his mommy! Or was he just hungry?
If you don't have pets, you are missing out in life. They are the sweetest little
lovers in the whole world!


Then my morning took a turn for the worse when I read this article... Minnesota Prosecutors Won't Relent on Child Endangerment Charges Against Mom for Medical Pot. I have so much to say about this issue that I touched on here, but it definitely warrants another blog post, so look for that in the near future... But for now, I will leave it at this:



Next on my "to do" list was one last BIG tempo run before my 10k on October 19th! I will be posting more in detail about it tomorrow, but here is the short story...

BAM! I think I am ready!


That night, we went to Geoff & Bree's house for a backyard fire pit double date! Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures, which means it didn't happen. Just kidding- we had a blast and are so fortunate to have awesome friends!




Since I slept in so late on Sunday, by the time I woke up, Kristina has already started her marathon on the West Coast! I immediately got online and signed up to track her. Then I went on a relaxing run in the new crisp, fall weather that decided to arrive this weekend. I thought about Kristina during my run and was hoping she could feel all of my positive thoughts I was sending her way!



That afternoon, I totally geeked out because I got to rehearse for Dancing with the East Pennsboro Stars at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet's studio in Carlisle. A real dance studio with huge mirrors and a sprung floor. I was also nervous to do our dance in front of mirrors for the first time. That meant I was going to have to see how ridiculous I looked paired up with a Julliard trained dancer. At least we I have a little over a month to keep rehearsing and getting better!
Did you do anything fun this weekend?
Have you ever taken dance lessons?

16 comments:

  1. I also cannot understand how people go out on Friday nights! I usually pass out on the couch watching some sort of show on Netflix and Lola is with me. :) Super job on that speedy run! I don't understand how you move your legs that quickly! Mine certainly can't maintain a sub 7 min/mile pace!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely had to do with rest for 2 days beforehand. I don't think it would have happened for me otherwise.

      Delete
  2. I have such a hard time going out on Friday unless it is literally right after work. I think Friday nights and Sunday nights are meant for staying in!!

    I cannot wait to see your routine. You will be so awesome.

    Way to go on the runs. YOU ARE READY.

    We went to the IMAX yesterday morning. Saw Normandy D: Day 1944 in 3D with my 10 year old nephew who is SO into WWII. It was wonderful.

    Oh, and got out for 5.3 walk/run. Longest yet since coming back from injury.
    Happy but trying not to get greedy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand the "greedy" thing! Congrats on such a long walk/run!!! 5.3 miles is NO JOKE!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much. The run part was only 1.5 miles but after nothing all summer it feels great. I need to stay at this level for a bit as my body adjusts. My long term goal would be 2 - 2.5 miles of running + 2 - 2.50 miles walking per session. I am getting close so not being greedy is hard!!

      Delete
    3. Just stay committed and you will get there!

      Delete
  3. Oh I can't wait to hear more about your dancing!! I danced for fourteen years so I'm kind of a big nerd about it. I would love to dance again but for now, I just watch it on tv ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmeliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! :) I remember that you danced! I have only ever danced "for fun" in musicals and such. I did choreography for shows as well but I am definitely not a TRAINED dancer. So I am trying my best to keep up with this guy!

      Delete
  4. Yes that is another good reason to crash on Fridays- long run Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, that was a fast five miles! You're going to crush the 10K!

    I think I felt your positive thoughts in short bursts during the times I was able to run more than 5 steps at a time towards the end :) Miles 20 - 26 are a bit of a mental blur though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have ALL been there... I know that feeling very well! I was running and I said your name out loud. I said, "Kristina, you are DOING THIS." LOL I am such a cheeseball but it was my way. :)

      Delete
  6. I love dance! I danced for 11 years and it will always hold a special place in my heart. You better post a vid of your dance routine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dancing sounds super fun. I'm not a dancer in any way - I have zero rhythm!!! Enjoy the practice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to kill your race! Look at that awesome pace. You are amazing! I also don't understand how people go out on Fridays. I've been doing it a little more often these days, but I am seriously ready for bed by 10pm and that's when people start leaving their houses. What?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I remember the days when I would leave the house at 9:30 or 10... I'm too old for that shit! Also, I wasn't doing tempo runs on Saturdays back then either, so there's that! Thank you for the confidence boost! I'm very excited to race and then CHILL and let my body relax.

      Delete
  9. How awesome that you are doing "Dancing With the Stars" benefit! That is SO cool!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your experience the night of!!!
    Your 10K is very soon!!!! Can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete