A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, October 24, 2014

First World Running Problems




I got PROBLEMS, yo! 

RUNNING PROBLEMS. 

Not legit ones, though. My running problems aren't actually problems. More like complaints from an entitled brat.

Nevertheless... here are my running woes...


I hate my new $70 running shoes. 
(That I can afford.)

I still do not like my Wave Rider 17s. I bought two pair but returned one of them. I am determined to power on and get my money's worth out of the pair I have now. But after that, I need to switch to a different shoe.


It's dark in the morning when I run. 
(I live in a very safe neighborhood.)

Guuuuuuys, I don't wanna run outside in the dark! It makes me sleepy. And I'm scared of Twisty the Clown, thanks to American Horror Story.


My Garmin died. 
(But all I have to do is charge it again.)

It's just not holding it's charge like it used to. Does anyone else have this problem?



It's getting cold out. 
(Oh no, get out the cold weather gear.)

It actually isn't even that cold, but I'll complain anyway. Even though it slowed me down this summer, I miss the heat, sunshine and sweat. It's almost time to switch the booty shorts out for the Under Armour tights and fleece vests. (Fleece vests are the best!)

Please share one of your first would running problems... or hey, how about an actual problem!?

18 comments:

  1. I always am in the dark for my workouts--year round. But I actually love it.
    Also, not feeling the love for my current shoe. Do I jump to the Guide 7 since the 6 and I did not really "bond"? OR do I try Brooks? Girl gets very confused. So I do nothing for now.

    Have a wonderful weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are up soooooooo early! What time do you go to bed at night? I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. So many first world runner problems. The biggest one I feel is the, 'I want to run, but can't stop watching netflix in bed'!
    I actually really enjoy running in the dark, as long as it's on an open road, I love the absolute isolation of it and the time it gives me to mull over anything that's on my mind.
    www.nessruns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back and forth on the dark. Sometimes I like it for the same reason you said. But then sometimes it just makes me want to crawl back into bed. Obviously I'm in "crawl back into bed" thinking mode right now!

      Delete
  3. It's dark in the evening when I run now so when I get to the beach I can't SEE the sand/waves/sky :( #FirstWorldProblems

    It's dark when I get home from work which makes me feel like I don't have a life. But I am thankful that I have a good job so definitely a first worlder!

    Maybe your Garmin needs a new battery? I think rechargable batteries in electronics only have so many recharges in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that it is getting dark so much earlier in the evening too! On nights I teach piano lessons, up up before it's light out and I'm not done teaching until well after darkness has settled in. Again, poor us with good jobs and health insurance.

      Delete
  4. So I have tried to comment on your posts, but I have been using my work laptop and totally forget that I am not signed in. I may have commented as "anonymous." I am not sure, but when I did, it totally disappeared.

    Anyway, a very late CONGRATULATIONS on such an awesome race!!! I knew you were going to rock it and that is so awesome that you WON it! You're truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn I am sorry your comments got deleted! Thanks so much. :) It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience :)

      Delete
  5. The whole having to buy running shoes and gear would be mine. I like running in the dark and cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like the cold? I need to learn how to like it because PA winters are brutal!

      Delete
  6. Don't even get me started on the WR 17's. They are awful!!! Have you tried on the 18's yet? I'm interested to see how they feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I hope they go back to the way they used to fit. Holy moly the 16s and 17s just SUCKED. They ruined a perfect shoe.

      Delete
  7. Hehe, these are so spot-on. What about "all my favorite running outfits are dirty..." I have a state-of-the-art washer and dryer in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! My #firstworldrunnerproblem is that my running shoes match very few of my running outfits and even fewer pairs of my compression socks. What's a girl to do???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that is soooooo a first world running problem and something I can picture you saying because I know you like to match! And you always look good, by the way!

      Delete
  9. My current running problem is - I can't run! I have some weird leg pain going on and I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the DR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is a legit problem. :( HEY maybe you can manage to take care of the medical issue that is going to make you unable to sweat for a couple weeks NOW since you can't run anyway???

      Delete