Thank you, Amanda @ Running with Spoons for hosting Thursday’s very popular Thinking Out Loud series. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. After an extremely successful 20 miler on Saturday, I was afraid to run again. How can one top a PERFECT run? You can't! But I had to get back on the horse. I ran for the first time on Wednesday and did 5 miles at an 8:30 pace. I felt some aching the rest of the day but I iced the shit out of it. Oh well, it could have been worse!
The key to my pain free running!
2. On Monday, I went to the podiatrist to get a weird pain of the side of my foot checked out. (I know, I'm falling apart.) It only hurts when I roll my foot out, not when I run or walk or anything like that. Apparently, one of my peroneal tendons is a little irritated. I'm just supposed to stretch it out and it should calm down.
3. My new running shoes are coming in the mail today! I have been wearing Mizuno Wave Riders for probably about 7 years now! Unfortunately I couldn't find a good deal on these, so I had to spend almost a week's worth of piano lesson money on them.
I love the color!
4. I'm finally letting myself get excited for Boston. I'm done worrying. It's time to just relax and have fun! What's the point of doing it if I spend my time worrying about it instead of being excited for it?
5. Oh, and I'm not racing Boston. That was never my plan. My plan is to have fun, take pictures, enjoy the experience... pretty much the same thing I did last time. Except this time, I will not be with a group of friends, I will be solo.
Me and my pals right after Heartbreak Hill.
Spoiler Alert: It's not that heartbreaking...
especially if you're used to Pennsylvania hills!
Are you like me... scared to jinx yourself?
Have you ever run a race with a group of friends?
Who else has run Boston or who is running it this year?