1. I cannot STAND the sound of gum chewing. I was on the arc trainer Tuesday morning and I seriously almost got in a knock-out-drag-down (is that the expression!?) fight with the woman who got on the machine beside me. She was chewing and POPPING her gum so loud I could hear it over top of my pod cast. I couldn't take it, but I didn't want to switch machines. With every snap of her gum, it was as if she was daring me to get off my machine. I did not. And I managed to get through my 45 minute workout without harming her.
2. I can do burpees!!!!!!!!!! Guys, this is HUGE!!! I haven't been able to do them in over a month, but last night before bed, I banged out 5, just to test things! I sort of favor my right leg a bit when I do them, but I am using my left leg too. I can't believe this... it's LIFE CHANGING. I still can't go down stairs unless I go sideways, but I can freaking BURPEE!!
3. This past Monday, my first season of co-coaching Girls on the Run started! Once a week, I get to spend time with 15 wonderful 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls. During the lessons, we not only play running games and train for a 5k, but we teach lessons which aim to develop mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual health. I think this is going to be a WONDERFUL experience for not only girls but us coaches, too!
4. A friend of mine (Don't worry, you shall remain nameless!) let me borrow her copy of 50 Shades of Grey. I have heard so many different opinions about the book. One opinion most everyone seems to agree on is that the writing is terrible. We shall see if I can make it the whole way through!
5. If you haven't checked out the #RealFitspo project over at Lift Me Up Fitness, please do so! It's such an awesome idea! I had to take part, so I am happy to announce that I was featured in their second issue! Go over and check it out!
Thanks again, Amanda, for hosting us each and every Thursday!
Did you read 50 Shades of Grey?
Have you ever gotten in a fight with someone over gum chewing?What breakfast gives you massive gym energy?
Have you ever coached a Girls on the Run team?