A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Getting My Arse in Gear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I have no goals!

Okay, I have goals, but I don’t have a plan to reach them yet… which means I have not fully committed to make the changes I need to make to reach these goals.

I need to get my ass in gear.

Here are my current goals..



1.   Reduce the amount of sodium in my diet.

I add salt to EVEYTHING. Meat, pasta, salads, sandwiches, veggies… And not a little salt. A lot of salt. I need to stop adding salt from the salt shaker to my food.


2.   Eat better.

It’s hard to eat better when I eat pretty damn well already! But lately, I have been eating too much dessert. Meaning, instead of one, normal sized dessert each night (of whatever I desire), I am having a BIG dessert each night. This needs to stop. I do not need a big piece of cake AND a bowl of ice cream every evening. One or the other is fine, or a little of each is fine, but not two big desserts. (My middle name is not moderation but I strive for it!)


3.   Earn my ACE Personal Training Certification

I am registered to take the test in June, so now I have a deadline. I have read through all the materials but now it is time to focus on the topics I don’t understand very well. At this point, it is postural imbalances and a lot of the muscle actions- two very important topics that are covered on the test. I have not been studying much these past few months. I need to make a study plan so I stay on track for my June deadline!



 ***What now!?***


Now, I just need to set a date to begin. I know my goals, I know how to reach them, I just need to make the decision to DO it. 

I will give myself until the end of March. By the end of March, I will no longer put salt on my foods from the salt shaker. I will have scaled back to 1 normal portioned dessert per night. I will also write out a study plan for the next two and a half months. 

I will check in with you on April 1st and let you know whether I actually DID these things I just said I was going to do. If not, give me a kick in the arse!


What goals are you working toward right now?


Do you have any goals you want to achieve but you just haven’t made the commitment yet?

13 comments:

  1. I am a total salt fiend too. I NEED salt. You should see my egg in the morning. Basically a salt lick. I have a very specific fitness goal in mind, but I am probably going to need to hire a coach to get there. That's a matter of having money, which I don't at the moment. But one of these days, it's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know your very specific fitness goal!

      Delete
  2. I really like garlic too. :) Weight lifting is a great goal! I think it will help your 2lbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that using more flavorful spices in my cooking helps me cut down on salt. So that works! ...If you find a good way to stop being overzealous about dessert, let me know, because I'm such a dessert fiend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a huuuuuge spice rack. I need to start using the spices we have! :)

      Delete
  4. I am the opposite with salt and desserts. I prefer my food to be bland, so I don't use any salt or spices at all (which drives Adam up a wall, haha). I also am content to eat just an ice pop or two Andes chocolate mints as dessert. However, I LOVE carbs and need to scale back on how much rice I eat with everything. My plate is never balanced. I like to eat like I'm running a distance race every day! Maybe I'll commit to scaling back with you by April 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I like that it's "scaling back" and not some rash "NO MORE CARBS!" or "NO MORE ICE CREAM" decision!

      Delete
  5. Why is salt so dang good?! I try to use the Mrs. Dash instead. I love it on chicken, potatoes, veggies, rice, pretty much everything. ;) I am always trying to 'eat better.' I feel like I've reached a point where I'm not exactly sure where to go next with that.
    I ate two huge slices of cake yesterday!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try this Mrs. Dash stuff. Everyone has such good tips to cut the salt! Oh I love cake!!

      Delete
  6. My goal is to find an activity I can do that won't bother my knee but will let me stay in shape while I'm not running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you find something, Lis! The arc trainer has always been my friend during non running times.

      Delete
  7. I think these are awesome goals! I use to have to put salt on everything. I have cut back so much and just put it on a few things - like meat. I think it had to do with all the sodium and Gunshow being a bodybuilder. I get lectured all the time about food - sometimes this is good and sometimes this is bad :)
    I can't wait to hear about the goals and how you did! You can totally rock them! I think it is super awesome that you are going to get certified to be a trainer!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete