A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 4, 2019

My SIL is hooking me up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
A couple months ago, I started taking trazodone to help me sleep. At first it was awesome. But over time, I have either built up a tolerance or my brain has hacked it. I think it's the latter. My brain is no match for prescription sleep medication...

I know there are harder meds like Ambien, but I think that's the stuff that makes you eat everything in your pantry in your sleep. No thank you!

My sister-in-law, Debby, takes very good care of her family's health and she has them taking some supplements, so when I told her about my sleep issues, her first idea was perhaps I have a magnesium deficiency. We kind of shelved the idea for a few months since the traz was working, but now that I am back to not sleeping well 2-3 days per week, she offered to intervene.

I'm still taking my traz, but I am also taking....



1/2 a tsp of magnesium.


Vitamin D3 for anxiety...


Vitamin K2 to help with proper absorption of D3...


I also rub some essential oils on my wrist and the back of my neck before bed. It smells like my therapist's office. I think he has a diffuser that emits essential oils...




I have like a little health nut store on my bedside table these days!


I don't know if any of it is working. But I am at the end of my rope. I will try whatever. Except the Ambien.
Do you take any supplements?
What's the most hippy dippy thing you do?

13 comments:

  1. I hope you can get your sleep issue figured out! It's so important. I use essential oils, I take some supplements (Mg, Vit C, Zinc). I also meditate and I am not sure if this is hippy dippy but when needed I get acupuncture. I do use Ambien when I travel or if I am out late on girls' night and want to fall asleep fast. It does work, it does not make me eat, but long term the sleep you get is not really restful and it's actually not good for your brain. Since I probably only take it 2 x per month, I feel OK about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound too bad about the Ambien! I could never meditate. I can't relax my brain. Which probably means I need to meditate hahahaha!

      Delete
  2. Girl, I hope you can figure this out! Have you tried a white noise machine, or one of those guided meditation sleep apps? I can't imagine those things would work if your prescription pills don't but it could be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I never thought about those. I don't like noise machines though. I think that would annoy me! I know they work for a lot of people though.

      Delete
  3. With all these extra things you are taking, how will you know which one is the one that is working for you?

    I am curious to see what you think of the essential oils. Seems like so many people are pushing those these days. Apparently they help cure everything and now they are even marketing them towards pets too. They claim they help with joint inflammation in dogs. With Baylee's arthritis I've been tempted to try them, but I'm still hesitant. I do hope these work for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now that is a good question! I have no idea. I actually stopped everything. I stopped studying spanish. I am so bad. Well, I still take my traz when I remember.

      Delete
  4. That's a big group of new things! I sure hope something works. My friend sells essential oils. I'm not a believer of all that they claim, but I think some of the claims have merit - like calming scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who the hell knows??? I am a skeptic by nature, I'm sure you know that. But at the time Debby was helping me I was at the end of my rope!

      Delete
  5. I just amazed. I love this kind of stuff and it really healped me a ton!
    Just keep sharing and check out my la
    test collection for:
    Also check super event Happy Ramadan Kareem Greetings Wishes Quotes Messages,Dua,s , Cover photos Recipies And Much More2019

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just amazed. I love this kind of stuff and it really healped me a ton!
    Just keep sharing and check out my la
    test collection for:motherdayusa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Running is important and thats gift of god, Here is the list of ramdan gift ideas from Presents ideas for Ramadan here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This information is really good. Your info is really good. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Such a great blog!It contains wonderful and helpful info. Keep up the good work. Thank you for this wonderful work.www.oysmarto.website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..
    ramadan wishing quotes

    ReplyDelete