A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hello, Thursday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Hello, Thursday warriors! I typed this post up yesterday but realized I didn't write an introduction. Why do I have time to write an introduction this morning? Because I got crappy sleep again so I just gave up, got up, and made coffee. Don't worry, I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor. I need to sleep. This cannot continue. I'm really not a good teacher when I only get 2-3 hours of sleep.

Thank you all for your blogging suggestions! I am hoping my lack of passion and creativity is just a phase because I would be really sad if I gave up blogging. Maybe I need to REVAMP my blog? I have had the same design and same pictures as my header since my blog started. I am just not very tech savvy so I don't know how to do it well. I wonder how much it would cost to have someone design a website for me? That could be kind of cool. Consider me seriously thinking about it.

I will look into your suggestions about the Instagram Stories, but I know nothing about it. I deleted Instagram awhile ago. I will have to check it out on a day I am feeling like messing around with my phone. I hate learning new technology. Are any of my local friends good with Instagram who can show me how?

Today was a much better day at work than yesterday. I did some self reflection and tried to change some of the ways I teach and some of the ways I react to certain situations. That seemed to help. I mean, I can't change other people's behaviors, but we can change how I react to them.

When I got to school today, my friend Katrina surprised me with a sign she made me. I am putting it in my classroom. It was so sweet of her to do and I really needed it!



I slept well last night. When Paul asked me how I slept (a daily question of a concerned husband), I said I slept well but I took a sleeping pill. Does a good night sleep count if you take a pill? I really needed it. It is only 25mg of diphenhydramine. Nothing crazy. It's what's in Tylenol pm or similar.

I'm typing this post while I cook up some squash and eggplant for dinner. Paul made BBQ chicken, so the veggies are going to taste really good paired with that. Here's a cooking selfie!



Don't mind my hair. It's getting cut on Friday.

Here is Jelly on his basement bed... falling out of it...

How often do you get your hair cut?
What's your favorite squash type veggie?
Tell me about one of your favorite coworkers!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are seeing a dr for your sleep. You mentioned previously that it's that cats that get you up. I know this may sound uncompationate ( and I dont mean it to) but can you do something different with the kitties? Say, put them in a pet crate at night? I know it would be hard to change up THEIR routine but maybe that's what you need to do for your own sanity. I know I was in a similar situation when we had our Weimaraner. I never slept through the night. It got to the point where going to the dentist was relaxing cus I got to relax undisturbed in a chair for an hour....haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I put my cats in a crate, they would scream and cry all night long. Also, I could just never, ever do that to them. They're 11 years old and have never been crated. That would be so traumatic for them and obviously knowing they were in a crate would prevent me from sleeping because I would feel bad about it.

      Delete
    2. I totally get not wanting to crate your cats! I was just thinking of a way for you to get more uninterrupted sleep. Is there any other change you could make to the kitties night time routine that wouldn't be such a shock to them?

      Delete
    3. Well, I could leave huge bowls of food out for them. That would be a good shock and they wouldn't wake me up but Christmas would eat himself to death lollll!

      I have thought about everything. I even shut my bedroom door but Jelly scratches the door and it is LOUD and so basically they can just wake me up if they want to. And they know that.

      Delete
  2. I hope you can get some rest soon! I get things (politically) making us ALL anxious these days and keeping us up at night, but you gotta be the best Meg so you can be the best teacher for the kids. Glad you are seeing the doc.

    Honestly, I love your blog how it is. If I ever start blogging again regularly like you, I want to make mine more like yours and less of a running blog since I've basically stopped reading most of those now and I feel like your blog attracts a bigger crowd since you blog about it all! Still, I have no clue how you manage this every single day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90% of the time it is easy because I allow myself to just talk about anything. I could NOT talk about running every day. I don't even want to read about running every day. My fav blogs are the ones that talk about all kinds of things. Thanks for reading my blog! I'm glad people like it!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you are not sleeping well, Megan. If your cats don't wake you up do you still have issues? So, I think if you can use snapchat you can use IG. You just press a button and record yourself. Someone had mentioned it's not interactive, but for every story there is a place to send a message. I know when I watch stories I comment all the time. This is just my opinion, but I think it feels way more interactive than a blog because you can have little messages going back and forth. I wish I didn't have to get my hair cut so often, but I can only make it 6-7 weeks (by then it needs color, too). Zucchini is about the only squash I like (I guess I do sort of like the yellow squash but not nearly as much). Also, my opinion -- I would not waste money hiring someone to revamp your blog! It's totally fine how it is, and I love the bigger font, it's not so busy, has lots of pictures! I know sometimes you put in a little vlog and just post that. What aobut doing that once per week. Just 5 minutes of content or something. BTW, how is PT going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I still have issues. Like last night, I laid awake until after 12:30am. Then Jelly woke me up at 3:30 and then I never fell back asleep, so I just got up at 4pm. I sweat, my stomach grumbles and I have to go to the bathroom, and then I am just AWAKE. So yeah even if the cats down wake me up, it is a problem.

      Ido enjoying vlogging, my vlogs are very low budget. That's a good idea! I don't like busy blogs! And I don't like blogs with a million ads that load. I have literally stopped reading blogs because it took too long to get them to load.

      I see what you mean about IG. I mean here we can back and forth but it's not as easy as like a text msg. You gotta get on the vlog, comment, say you're not a robot, etc...

      PT is good I am going down to once per week and he has given me HARD STUFF to do. I was sweating so much last night he needed to get me a towel. I did about 60 jump squats- some forward, some sideways, and some with one foot and my ITB/knee doesn't hurt at all today! My knee felt a *little* warm last night but just the tiniest bit and it did not go beyond that so I am thinking that is a good thing.

      My back still hurts if I am not really careful about how I stand and run. But today I did 6 miles on the road and when I stretched after, I could tell it got a teeny bit tight. That's better than a few days ago where it was super tight by mile 2.5.

      Delete
  4. GREAT news about the PT! You are working so hard, girl! Proud of you. Yeah, I hate busy blogs, tiny font, too many ads -- yours is really the best because it's very easy to read and no ads! I am glad you will see the doctor. I hope he or she can give you some answers. Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an ad! But it is so small maybe you don't notice!? I have earned $100 on it over the course of 5 years but don't even know how to log into google adsense to claim my money. Bwahahaha! I want it though. That's like two good sushi meals!

      Delete