A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Weekly Workouts!



Hey Friends! I ran a lot this week. 36 miles! Who am I???


Saturday- 8.5 Millersburg Miles. My little brother was Everesting on Berry Mountain, so part of my run was spent running up the mountain "with" him. (We weren't together, just simply going up and down the same hill.) I ran up the mountain (1 mile, 400+ feet elevation gain) and back down twice. EEK. I hope my race goes well tomorrow...




Sunday- HARRC in the Park 10 miler. This was a trail race at Pinchot Park. I was just running it for fun. But then I got behind some slow people and  I passed them... I picked up my pace a lot and only ran 4 minutes slower than I did 7 years ago when I was the third woman! I was proud of myself!


Monday- Lifting chest @ home. I actually wasn't very sore from the race! My ankles were fine. Remember they were so sore after the Dam Half? I think that's because it was so rocky. My race yesterday was just the normal amount of rocky.

Tuesday- 5.5 miler. I woke up at 2:38 and could not fall back asleep. I laid in bed until 4:00. Whenever I can't sleep, my mind starts thinking about horrible things. You know what finally gets me out of bed? When I start thinking about when we had to put our cat, Basic, to sleep. Once those thoughts creep in, I'm like, "AW HELL NO I WILL NOT BE THINKING ABOUT THIS!!!" and I get up. Of course my run was AWESOME because I always run well after a night of no sleep.

Wednesday- 5.5 morning miles. Today and yesterday were the first days I actually had to wear long sleeves and gloves on my morning run! It was around 48 degrees both mornings.



Thursday- 7 miles. I didn't realize I only ran 5.5 the past two days, so I ran a little extra today. The weather was back to being warm. I wore a short sleeve but honestly could've just gone in a sports bra. I was actually nervous for this run because I was up several times during the night with diarrhea. It was not fun! Luckily, I made it through my run with no problems.




Friday- Lifting back @ home. I had a sore throat and was lethargic, but I got it done.

Question?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that it was 48 degrees here. It was 86 here yesterday.

    You did run a lot of miles BUT you had a 10 mile race in there so that contributed big time. Glad you're healthy enough to run more and the weather is good there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PA has weird weather Sept-Nov. It was 48 in the morning but got up to the 80s during the day. It will be in the 80s today too and I am mad because I want to wear fall clothes! I looked at the extended and it's the last two weeks in Oct where our weather will be high 50s, low 60s as the high. That will be nice!

      Delete
  2. Wow--that is a great week of running! I hope your sore throat is gone by today. It's been chilly here, too. In the mid 40's when I get up. But during the day...such perfect fall weather. I love it. But we might get a little dusting of snow next week (NOT ready).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow!!! I just read an article about how PA's winter is going to be nuts. Lots of snow and ice.

      Delete
  3. I hope that sore throat doesn't turn into a cold. That's how it starts off for me!
    I love the your first Saturday running pic, that scenery behind you is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well today I have a runny nose, so I think it's more of a low grade cold than just having a sore throat from singing all well. Oh well, it's not too bad. Thank you! That picture is taken in Millersburg looking over the Susquehanna River to Liverpool.

      Delete
  4. Its so crazy that it was chilly earlier in the week and now its back to feeling like summer! Its so hard to adjust to any weather when it keeps changing. Nice job with your mileage this week!

    ReplyDelete