A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Weekly Workouts!



This week was interesting. I ran a race, lifted, ran for "fun", and didn't get a whole lot of sleep...

Saturday- Baltimore Marathon Relay! You can read all about the fun day here. I ran 6.4 miles and walked a lot that day. My leg of the race was hot and mostly uphill. It was a good solid workout and my pace averaged out to the 7:40s. I was proud of that! My need didn't hurt at all!




Sunday- Lifting at home. I decided I needed to switch things up as I have been doing the same sets/reps/pounds for like... over a year. I know, shameful. So I did less sets, less reps, and more pounds!




Monday- 6 miles. I wore my Baltimore Marathon shirt so I was all in blue! The shirt is really comfy and I like it. I ran an easy pace except for a white van pulled up beside me at a stop sign. THEN I KICKED IT INTO GEAR AND RAN AS FAST AS I COULD!


Tuesday- 6 miles in the RAIN. Boo. And my knee hurt. Why? No reason. It comes and goes. Jelly stretched with me after. I woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back asleep. FML.


Wednesday- Lifting @ home. Again, I switched things up and did a couple sets of less reps and more weights, then I did some sets of lower weights with more reps.



Thursday- 6 miles. It was gorgeous out. My knee felt so stiff at first and I even wondered if I should run!? But after less than a mile it was all warmed up and felt good. This was my last run with my old Garmin. I've had it for nearly 5 years, so it has done me good. I woke up at 1:30am and couldn't fall back asleep. I called in sick because I didn't know what else to do. I was a mess. I got two more hours of sleep later in the morning. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.




Friday- 6 miles. It was freezing this morning! I only had on one pair of gloves, but I should've worn two. I thought this would be my last run with my broken Garmin but it turns out my Garmin won't be coming for a couple days. Boo.

How were your workouts this week?

8 comments:

  1. I hope your sleep gets more consistent. Lack of sleep really messes a person up. Not sure how I survived when my kids were babies!! Oh yeah, I used to cry a lot :) I like your race shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting up with babies is definitely something I will never experience, but have huge respect for mothers who do that! I don't blame you for crying!!!

      The race shirts are AWESOME.

      Delete
  2. Aww man, I did not know you had to call in sick on Thursday. I hope things get better with your sleep.
    I love our Baltimore shirts! I wore mine on Sunday when I went for a walk. I actually have a pair of blue shorts that have that same color orange strip on the side but I know that's a little too matchy matchy..haha (but IDC i'll wear it together anyway)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the shirts too! I think the race shirt + free race photos it was a good deal. If they had gotten more photos of you guys, that is! BUt think about someone running the full, they prob got so many pics of themselves.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry your sleep has been a little "less than acceptable". I am not good unless I consistently get 7-8 hours. Hang in there! You had some amazing workouts, though. As you know, I am taking a month of walking only. I lost count of how many I had done this week and ended up with almost 15 miles! I also swam 1.4, rowed 2.5, biked 8 and lifted 4 days. Felt like a nice balanced week and I am loving the fall weather we are having. I hope you can totally get caught up on sleep this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know you were taking a month of walking. What made you decide this? You did a lot this week. I am always amazed at your variety!

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately I have nights like that on a regular basis. Most of the time I sleep ok, although really never as long as I'd like to, but it seems at least once a week I have a night where I just can't get back to sleep. And then I'm a zombie.

    That's too bad your Garmin won't get there sooner. :(

    Jelly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he is beautiful too, but I am biased. :(

      Man I am sorry you have nights like those once a week. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Do you do anything to try to fall back asleep?

      Delete