Today, my theme for Friday 5 is SUMMER GOALS. I don't always have goals for the New Year, but I normally have goals for summer! During the summer, I have more time on my hands to really focus on what I want to focus on.
At first I wasn't sure I had any summer goals, but before long I realized I actually do. Here's what I would like to accomplish!
1. Cross as many things off my summer "to do" list as possible. I know, there's a lot on the list, but most of them are super doable as long as we don't have too many days where we bail on plans and just stay home. We are homebodies... but we GOTTA PUT OURSELVES OUT THERE!
2. Spring clean every room in the house. We did this last year and I think it was very positive. I mean, we got every single nook and cranny. I even got out tweezers to dig out dirt I found between the baseboards and the walls in the bathroom. When I say every nook and cranny, I mean it.
3. Run trail races for fun. I don't want to RACE anything (not in the near future anyway) but I do want to run trail more often. I'm usually scared to run trail during the summer because I'm afraid of snakes. But if it's a trail race, hopefully the snakes will slither away from a huge pack of runners.
4. Spruce up the outside of our home. There's lots to do. Weeding, mulching, trimming... We have to replace some shutters on the side of our house that have been broken for years! And the screen door on the front of our house broke off a couple years ago too, so it would be nice to replace that. Oh, and the front door could use some painting...
5. Solve the JonBenet case. JUST KIDDING!!!! I have been trying for years and haven't gotten anywhere...