Today, I'll be talking about 5 things I've been up to this summer! This is sort of long... but it's mostly pictures!
Okay, so what have Paul and I been up to...
1. Little Buffalo State Park for hiking & swimming. I live near some awesome state parks. For some reason, we rarely go to Little Buffalo. It is about 45 minutes away, so it does require some time. On Thursday, we did some hiking and then hit up the swimming pool. The pool is only $6 and kids 42" or under are free!
I forgot flip flops.
Look at that SWEET water slide!!!
So the pool is HUGE, it's the kind that is a slope, so you can walk out as deep as you want (good for kids), there are two water slides and a HUGE splash pad! There's also lots of grass and even shade if you don't want to roast int the sun.
2. Free concerts at Springettsbury Township Park. We live about 30 minutes from York, but it is worth the drive to attend the free concerts at Springettsbury Township Park! They're nearly every Wednesday and Sunday night this summer! We had so much fun bopping to The Uptown Band last week!
Fun Fact: Besides children, we were the youngest people in the crowd.
That lady in the neon green went hard ALL NIGHT LONG.
And Rocky Ridge Park is just 5 minutes away with tons of trails. We did a short hike before the concert! We will definitely be back as there was more we needed to explore.
3. Making martinis with my new martini shaker. How did I go 34 years without a martini shaker? My friend Shawn sent me this in the mail! It was a GREAT SURPRISE! Now my martinis are so cold right from the get go and I don't have to put them in the freezer!
4. Life Expressions Decor Make & Take Board Party. My friend Katrina hosted the party and my friend Paula was the Life Expressions Consultant who took us through the step by step process of making our boards.
They say you don't have to be "artsy" or "creative" to make something beautiful and have fun at these parties. Though you can tell some of my friends are artsy and creative, so their boards are cooler than mine!
I'm hanging mine in my classroom!
One of the best things about this party was hanging out with my work friends, who I should really simply call my friends. I LOVE the people I work with. I truly do. They are wonderful, kind, funny people!
5. Spanish class at Frederickson Library. So far I have been to two classes and I really enjoy it. I kind of joined late since I had to wait until summer (when I can actually go to class at 10am on a Thursday!), but luckily I have been studying on my phone since January so I fit right in.
Rant: I was about two minutes late for the first class, so I was stuck sitting behind the teacher in the corner against the wall where I couldn't even see the other students (about 10-12).
So for the second class I showed up 10 minutes early so I could get a good seat with the rest of the students. Well, right when the class was about to start, a woman came in with her kid, who looked to be about 7-8 years old. She sat right beside me (only empty seat) and held the girl on her lap.
A freaking 2nd-3rd grader on her LAP.
Well, that annoyed me. But what annoyed me even more was when the teacher put a seat in the CORNER and asked ME to sit in it so the kid could sit by her mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got there early.
I was taking the class.
The kid spent the whole class drawing pictures.
The kid was definitely old enough to sit in the corner and draw while her mom took the class.
Why did I have to sit in the corner!? I showed up early!!!!
I got kicked out of my fucking seat for a 7 yr old.
Yes, I am complaining about a FREE class at the library. :)