I'M GOING ROGUE AGAIN!!!!
Happy Friday, friends! Even though I only had a four day work week, I am very excited to have a long Labor Day weekend! Here's some random-ness for you today.
1. I have a funny kid story for you. I don't tell stories from school a lot because I don't want to cross a line, but I have a good one I fee comfortable sharing today.
I was asking some 4th graders what they did over the summer and a lot of them mentioned going to Hershey Park and Knoebels. I told them my roller coaster story from the other day and finished with saying that I should have asked to get off the ride as soon as I felt uncomfortable, but I didn't. "It's because you were embarrassed, right?" one of the students asked. "No, she was trying to be brave!" another student said, sticking up for me.
Then in a 1st grade class, I asked how many of them rode the Super Dooper Looper at Hershey Park (an upside down coaster) and about six of them said they rode it! I could not believe they were tall enough and brave enough to ride it. One little girl excitedly told me that she rode it but cried the whole time. I laughed and she laughed along with me because she realized it was sort of silly. I asked her if she thinks she'll ride it again when she is older. She said no, she'd ride it again right now.
Kids are silly!
2. Paul thinks I should change professions! I loved all of your comments on my post about how I am obsessed with trials and murder cases. Some of you suggested that maybe I missed my calling and should become a lawyer or a detective. Paul had an even better idea. I should be a court stenographer!
3. I haven't been talking about running lately. I've been running, but nothing interesting has been happening so I feel like I don't really have anything to say about it! Please hang in there, readers! I promise I will talk about running again eventually!
4. Paul is my house husband! Now that I am back at work, Paul has reclaimed his house husband duties. It is nice to not have to worry about housework!
5. Don't call me. I got a new smartphone but please don't call me. It feels really weird holding it up to my ear. It's big and clunky and I know I look totally awkward! I am, however, halfway signed up for Snapchat and Instagram. I'll let you know when I'm the whole way signed up! And then we can be Snapchat friends or Insta friends or whatever you call it when you're connected to someone on those apps.
Parents or teachers: Tell me a funny kid story!
Tell me something random!