Instead of my normal Weekend Wrap Up format, I thought I would list all the WONDERFUL things about this weekend. Obviously, Thursday's news about Paul's health just set us up to be in the BEST MOOD EVER, and everything we did just felt extra wonderful and special.
1. Fueled by General Tso's chicken from our celebration the night before, I had a speedy 6 miler on Friday morning. I had to force myself to slow down, that's how good I felt! I am not going to question why this run happened, I am simply going to blame it on the most logical reason: My training is working!
2. On Friday evening, I went to Paint Nite with my friend, Bree. We had a ton of fun and I came home with yet another picture I am really proud of!
3. I slept until 10:00 Saturday morning. That is a little later than I would normally sleep on a Saturday, but it was AMAZING, and clearly I must have needed it! My little buddy loved sleeping in too...
4. Powered by the long sleep and Quaker Oatmeal Squares, I had a wonderful 10 mile run around my hood. My podcast was awesome. It was so warm that all I needed to wear was shorts and a sports bra. Even though I only wanted to run easy miles, these splits felt easy: 8:19, 8:10, 8:13, 7:59, 8:11, 8:00, 8:09, 8:08, 8:01, 7:47. Yeah!
5. We went to my brother and SIL's house on Saturday afternoon for homemade pizza. I love my family! And look, we even got a picture of Tyler and Debby. We never get pictures of them! One of their adorable daughters did manage to make it into the picture.
6. Paul and I went to Planet Fitness on Sunday. It was my first time lifting there in 10 months and I made some awesome gains! I benched (with the smith machine) 95lb and did 100lb on the lat pull down! It takes me awhile to see consistent gains in my strength but if I just plug away at it, eventually it happens!
7. Throughout the weekend, I did this really fun 1000 piece puzzle! I got it at Good Will for $1.99. You can't beat that!