A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Happy weekend! Here were my workouts this week.
They weren't awesome, but I think that's because my week just wasn't awesome.
It was one of those weeks where I was just going through the motions and craved alone time.

Saturday- 10 neighborhood miles. I was feeling lethargic, probably from speed work the day before. I still managed to have negative splits, which is my M.O. these days. I was glad when this run was done. My ITB bothered me the rest of the day. Why? I don't know!!



Sunday- 6 neighborhood miles. Again, I felt lethargic. It was just like yesterday's run except shorter. When I got home, I did a chest workout.



Chest Press- 4x12x25lb
Shoulder Press- 4x10x20lb
Bicycle Crunches- 4x40
Push Ups- 4x10
Tricep Dips- 4x15
Planks- 4x45 seconds

Monday- 5 neighborhood miles. Nothing to write home about.



Tuesday- Another 5 miles. I ran 8 loops around my block. My neighbors must think I am nuts.



Wednesday- Lower body rest day. Back @ home. It was so muggy in my house that I was dripping with sweat before I was even done with my warm up!

Band Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 5x5
Donkey Kicks- 4x15
Bicycle Crunches- 6x30
Row- 4x10x25lb
Fire Hydrants- 5x10
Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 2x8, 2x6 (I just couldn't get all of them @ 8 reps!)
Bicep Curls- 3x10x15lb
Plank Row- 3x8x10lb
Stability Ball Pass- 3x6

Thursday-  8 neighborhood miles before work @ 8:26 pace. My goal was to just get the miles done. It was quite chilly! I went out in shorts and a tank and I was shivering! Once I got warmed up, it was okay.

Friday- 6 neighborhood miles before work @ 8:24 pace. Whenever I take my walking cool down, I look at my mile splits. Lately, I have been warming up with miles in the 8:30s-8:50s. Then once I am warmed up, I hover in the <8:20 zone. It was so cold this morning I had to put on a long sleeve!
What's the most number of times you have run a loop around your block?

Morning runners: Are you in long sleeves yet!?

20 comments:

  1. Friday was my first time wearing long sleeves too! It was chilly (probably mostly from the rain)- I felt like I could have even used a light pair of gloves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh wow! I am lookin gout this morning and the temp says 50. Looks like another long sleeved day. I was hoping for bright sunny skies but it is all dreary. Hello, fall. :(

      Delete
  2. 8 loops is a lot, but I've definitely done that. Last winter when I had to do 18 miles very few streets were cleared so I could only loop a select few which meant lots of looping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a boring 18 miles but I am sure you were simply relieved you could get it done! It was a harsh winter!

      Delete
  3. My neighbors all think I am crazy because I am up running so early! A few weeks back I had to wear gloves and just today I had to put on long sleeves (it was 48 degrees). So not ready for this but so far Mother Nature hasn't asked me :) What an AWESOME week running! You are so strong and can run so many miles. I am always so impressed (this week I did 24 miles total--14 miles running + 10 miles walking) and I am completely ready for a rest day tomorrow (which is on the agenda!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 miles is a lot! Walking takes more out of me than running. Do you find that?

      Delete
    2. It definitely works different areas and when you don't get the "bounce back" it feels more challenging in some ways. But I do walk in between my running segments (I run intervals) and when I am done w/ my workout, Macy gets a 1.5 miles. It's our special time and my cool down!

      Delete
    3. I would walk so much more if I had a dog! So would Paul.

      Delete
  4. I had a couple runs with long sleeves and a t-shirt over it--38*! I think that is PERFECT weather to run in, although it makes it harder to get out of bed in the morning (we haven't turned on the heat yet).
    Good job getting in the miles!
    I never run my neighborhood loop anymore, probably because I had to so many times when the kids were younger. (I think the most I did was 18). Now my loop is my designated cool down lap with the dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 38!? Okay no complaining from me anymore I guess! That's a bit too cold for me. I mean, obviously come Jan and Feb 38 is going to be balmy but now... eh.

      Delete
  5. The only long sleeve shirt that I own is my Portland finisher's shirt. I need to go buy a long sleeve shirt so that I can use it as a throwaway in Chicago!

    I used to run endless loops at the park that's near my house. That was fine when I was only running 3-5 miles but once I started getting into 6+ miles I finally got the courage to run at the beach because the loops were driving me nuts. It's crazy to think how nervous I was to run at the beach back then - I thought all of the 'real' runners run down there and they would be like 'go back to the park where you belong!' lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I think a lot of runners feel like that at first. I wish you hadn't felt that way, because Kristina, you BELONG AT THE BEACH! :)

      Delete
  6. It was so chilly here (48!) that I busted out the capris, long sleeve AND something to cover my ears. It was a bit windy so I was already cursing the cold and wondering what happened to that week of nice Fall weather we had. Hoping it will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cold here this morning! I wore shorts, long sleeve, and a jacket! It was definitely windy too. And dreary. And rainy. I really miss the sunshine. PA has been so rainy this week.

      Delete
  7. I'm still sweltering in tank tops. My morning runs this week were 77 degrees with 93% humidity :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uggggh 77 wouldn't even be so bad but the humidity... it may as well be 95!

      Delete
  8. I had to do a couple loops around the block on Monday to finish up my horrible 12 miler. I didn't want to be too far from home at that point...ugh, tho....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. :( I have been there before... especially during those mornings where I have GI issues and I KNOW I am going to need a bathroom stop!

      Delete
  9. Nice job this week! I wore long sleeves twice because it was cool and rainy out. I can't believe how quickly the weather changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I remember last week it was so humid and now this week it seems like it is officially fall.

      Delete