A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Before I get on with my wrap up I wanted to give a shout out to my client (and FRIEND!) Danielle! She ran the Hershey Half Marathon Relay yesterday! She has been very diligent in her training for this race and didn't even let a sprained ankle stop her from running!


Danielle on the left and our friend Kari on the right!


Friday started dark and early with speed work. It didn't suck, which makes me think I didn't push myself hard enough.

During lunch, my parents dropped off a new addition to my classroom. This glider chair was in my grandparent's kitchen for as long as I remember. It will be nice to sit in when the students are sitting at the carpet for circle time. I love it! And it makes me happy because it reminds me of my grandparents!



Part of the HVAC unit at work wasn't working so my classroom was hot... hotter than I normally enjoy it. It was so hot my bra chaffed me! I cannot work under these conditions, people!!!

Paul and I had a big night planned. Grocery shopping at ALDI (read my RANT about that here!) and then dinner at WENDY'S! We love Wendy's!



#wearewendys
(Inside joke between me and Paul... that you are now a part of.)


I did a long run on Saturday. The goal was 10 miles- no pace goal or anything like that. I warmed up by cleaning my house (haha) then set out for the roads. I just could not stomach another neighborhood loop dee doop run, so off I ventured into my favorite business park to run BIGGER loop dee doops.

When I arrived back at home, I discovered Paul locked me out. He was about 15 minutes away with his brother. Luckily he answered my call and came back to let me in the house. I ran another mile while I was waiting for him because it was chilly and windy out! I was in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I was a little under dressed for the run, but very under dressed for just standing outside waiting.

The rest of the day was spent running errands, doing a puzzle, and catching up on Colbert with Paul.

I am really into hot air balloon puzzles right now.
The colors are fun to sort.

Errands I ran and what I got:

Dollar Tree: 3 puzzles ($3.18)


Library: 4 Christopher Pike books (Free)

I have read these at least once. I am good at forgetting plots.

Mall: Nothing. (I saved about $300 by not buying all the things I wanted!)

For dinner I had a Lettuce-less Salad. I invented this salad one night when I ran out of lettuce.

Genius.


Our house is freezing. We are trying to wait to turn the heat on until November 1st. 13 days to go! (Sorry piano students!) 


Motivated by Ali's recent post, I snapped a picture of what I looked like Sunday morning. I know it's pretty rough, but it is seriously the most flattering out of all the unflattering morning photos I took. Yikes!

Just call me Zombie Meg.

I spent a lot of time blogging that morning and took a walk with my friend Bree. We covered just about every subject that is TMI. You just gotta have friends you can do that with!

Lifting chest was on my training schedule but I really didn't feel like it. I ended up doing it anyway because I knew if I didn't do it today I'd have to get up even earlier on Monday to squeeze it in.

The rest of the day was spent cooking and doing puzzles while Paul watched football.

And that was my lazy, crazy, weekend!
Did you turn the heat on yet?
Is there a particular book you have read many times?
Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

14 comments:

  1. We woke up to a cold house yesterday too and couldn't resist turning on the heat! We would have liked to wait a few more weeks, but oh well. I am excited to have a fireplace this year- hopefully that will help to keep things warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a fireplace will be so comfy and cozy!!!

      It is supposed to get warm this week in Central PA so I think we can hang on another week..

      Delete
  2. Of course we turned the heat on. I can't stand being cold!

    All the Wendy's around here are closing. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are closing Wendys?? That is sad! If I am going to eat junky fast food, it is my favorite place for it! There is something about their jr. bacon cheeseburgers that agree with me. :)

      Delete
  3. It was 54* in our house Saturday, so I didn't even feel guilty about turning on the heat! We try and wait as long as possible...Of course, even with our heat on we keep it colder than most people like...just call us Damn Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 54??? Yes our heat would get turned on at that point as well! I think you definitely waited as long as you could!

      Delete
  4. I have never liked puzzles, and I have no idea how you can have enough patience for them. I love your sultry Sunday morning look! My hair is always crazy like that no matter what time of day it is. And no, I haven't turned the heat on. I am way too cheap. I also love the fresh air so I even have the window open right now! I'd way rather be chilly and cover myself up with cozy stuff, and breathe in fresh air. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fresh air too! It was a little too cold for that this weekend but it is supposed to get warm this week so maybe we will have a couple more window days.

      I like sorting the puzzle pieces and then putting the different sections together. I feel very ACCOMPLISHED doing it- like checking stuff off a to do list. I always listen to the TV while I puzzle though. Then I can get two birds stoned at once!

      Delete
  5. Okay, my biggest take away from this post was there is a RELAY at the Hershey half? I knew about the half and have it on my bucket list but reconsidered cus I heard it was a tough course (hilly). But now that I know there is also a relay option I am SO excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a relay! Your and your sis should do it! :)

      Delete
  6. I think your hair looks lovely and windblown in that pic!! Nothing wrong with it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love Christopher Pike books, but I don't remember anything about them at all! haha

    I've read a lot of books many times. I get really invested in characters and hate when a book ends, so I usually start re-reading it immediately just say I don't have to say goodbye to them. Plus I think you definitely notice new things the second time you read a book. I've read the Harry Potter series countless times, the Southern Vampire Mysteries series many times (the books that True Blood was based off of) and when I was a kid I read the Chronicles of Narnia a million times over. I've got a thing for series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, reading a book over and over again is like checking it with an old friend. It really is the best. :)

      That's why I like Pike books. I don't know if they are ACTUALLY good, but they are comforting to me. :)

      Delete