A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, October 1, 2015

"Heel Highs"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

When I was a kid, I called high heels "heel highs". I have no idea why. It is a story my dad still loves to tell. Whenever I show up somewhere and I have high heels on, he says "Megan, you wore your heel highs!"

The thing is, I haven't shown up anywhere in high heels in quite a long time! I used to wear them to work because, face it, there are a lot of cute high heeled shoes and I like to dress nice. I even wore them the year I taught music on a cart! I pushed a huge cart all around the school in my heel highs. That was back when I was young and dumb.

There are some occasions I will always wear heels...

1. My chorus concerts.

2. When I take my students to see the symphony and The Nutcracker.

3. Weddings or other formal events that involve a fancy dress.

4. On a date with Paul if it is a sitting down activity- like dinner or a movie.

The only activity on this list that requires a lot of time on my feet is #3, and that probably happens 1-2 times per year. The other activities involved tons of sitting and really don't happen that often!

It is sad because I love heels and I have several pairs that I adore. I just know they are not good for my feet, knees, back, and hips. I could wear heels with a lower, wider heel and it would be better, but those aren't the ones I like! These are my favorites that I own...



I just realized... all of these heels are Vera Wang for Kohl's! I love Vera's shoes and I love Kohl's 30% off coupons! I guarantee you I didn't pay more than $25 for any of these shoes!

This year, I got myself some comfy Dr. Scholls flats for work. I wear those or sandals for now, but as it gets cooler, I will start wearing boots. As much as I love heels, I am trying to do what is best for my body.

OUT TAKE PHOTO!!
Do you wear heels?
Tell me about your favorite pair of non running shoes!
What kind of shoes to you wear to work?

29 comments:

  1. Okay, they are so funky! I wish I could wear those and not fall over...lol. I only have flats and boots other than running shoes. My favourite pair is the turquoise flats with a zipper on the heel. They're pretty cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those turquoise flats are SO you and they sound very, very cute!

      Delete
  2. I love heels too, but I LOOOVVE Dr. Scholl's flats! All of mine are so cute and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 pair of heels that are in a box at the top of my closet and will only get worn every once in awhile. I am not a heels girl at all. In the spring/summer I am all about the cute sandals and in the fall/winter I wear tall boots, clogs and Danskos. My favorite non running summer shoes would be my Chaco sandals and my winter shoes would be my Haflinger clogs. Happy feet = happy Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your shoe choices are sooooo Colorado, I love it!

      Delete
    2. LOL--I never even thought about that but you are completely correct on that one!

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree! I only wear heels for weddings or really special events. Not only do I find them uncomfortable, I know they're not good for my body. I do think they look cute but they are not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I'm short, I love the look of wearing heels. Especially a higher heel with jeans. I work at a bank so I get to wear them 3 days a week. BUT, I have a hard time finding a comfortable pair, so I only have a couple pairs and one is ready to fall apart. Very sad. I need to go shopping!! Of course in the corporate banking world, heels must be worn with nylons, so it's no fashion show. Standard pumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do a good job of making more comfortable and stylish heels these days so I hope you can find a new pair that look good and feel good.

      Delete
  6. I have worn heels 3x's in my life. At my wedding (I wore my mom's dress, and with heels it didn't need to be hemmed, one prom, and an "oscar party"). I don't feel comfortable in them.
    Sadly, I don't have a pair of shoes that aren't sneakers that I wear a lot. I wore sandals over the summer, but I don't have anything for fall yet. I have to go shopping...Soon it will be snow boots!
    I really like the strappy heels in your picture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure will be snow boots soon! Luckily there are so many cute boots for fall. And boots are usually always comfy and warm.

      Delete
  7. I just bought a pair of high heels! That's so cute you called them heel highs. Awe. I usually dress like a swamp donkey, but once in a while I clean up nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was younger I wore heels all the time. I always wore them to work because I thought it made me more professional, and I wore them out with friends and on dates to look nice. Also, Adam is almost a whole foot taller than me so I wore them to even the playing field.

    I think I stopped wearing heels altogether about 3 or 4 years ago though. In my old age I have chosen comfort over fashion! haha

    I like your black heels, I have a pair in the back of my closet that look just like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choose comfort too, especially for work. I can't believe I clomped around work in high heels! When do you think you will wear your black heels next?

      Delete
    2. Most likely in my coffin!

      ^ Too morbid? o_O

      Delete
    3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  9. Does that third pair have a zipper up the back?? If so I have the same ones... Simply Vera Wang??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized you said they were Vera Wangs... Love them and they are pretty comfy!! See age does not matter either when it comes to shoes.. still rocking these at 50...Love me some heels!

      Delete
    2. Yes they do have a zipper! Vera is awesome with shoes! Her Kohl's clothes don't fit me well. Glad you still rock the shoes!

      Delete
    3. I never tried her clothes... I would think your body is built for them... mine not so much!!!

      Delete
    4. Nah they are very boxy. I feel like they would look cute if they were made better. Kind of like Old Navy haha.

      Delete
  10. I have never worn high heels. I think they are so cute but being in the military and then law enforcement. I never had to wear them but seeing your pictures makes me want to try. Thanks
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't imagine in those professions there would be much of a reason to own heels!

      Delete
  11. I love high heels...specifically wedges. They feel more comfortable and supportive. I used to wear them to work but now I rarely wear them except for open house haha. Our school only allows closed toed shoes, so that's one reason I stopped wearing heels. And after a morning run, my feet prefer a cushioned flat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow they only allow closed toe shoes? Do you think that's how most schools in Florida are? Are dress code is a little lax, and I feel like at the elem. level that don't enforce too much. I know I wear things that if I taught at a HS, I probably wouldn't wear. I am a huge fan of leggings but I have a couple tunics that aren't super long but I feel like for young kids it is okay, but would not wear it if I were teaching teenagers.

      Delete