A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Here is what I had goin' on!


3/14- Another double digit run! I felt a little stiff at first, but things got better.



3/15- A very windy 5 miler. I couldn't wait to get done!





3/16- It was freezing this morning! Apparently, the cold put some pep in my step!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 3/17- Three days of running in a row only means one thing- LIFTING!





3/18- I forced myself to lift chest at the gym. I hadn't done chest there in quite a long time but I knew I needed to. There are heavier weights there than I have at home. I was really proud of my multiple sets/reps of chest press at 30lb! I remember when I could only do 25lb and the 30s were too heavy for me to hold and lay back on the bench at the same time. Now I just have to be confident and I can do it. If I am not confident, I know I will psych myself out and drop 60lbs right on my chest.




3/19- I didn't sleep well the night before (actually, I haven't slept well all week) so I felt like a was dragging on this run at first. However, once I warmed up I felt okay. A little puppy started chasing me around mile 3. I love when puppies (not scary dogs) chase me because they are just so happy and friendly!




3/20- 5 miler in the SNOW! We had off work today due to the snowstorm. Luckily, it wasn't laying on the roads in my neighborhood so I was able to run relatively safely. I was definitely running defensively, though!


Notice I always wear the same pink shirt when I run? 
It smells DISGUSTING even before I start my workout.
Do you tend to wear the same clothes when you workout?
What's your most recent lifting PR that you are proud of?

7 comments:

  1. The cold usually puts a little pep into my step as well...lol. I stick to the same running outfits for sure. My best race shirts smell horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh glad I am not alone on that one! I try to wear that pink one when I am all by myself. :)

      Delete
  2. When I find a running top that I really like I buy it in every single color available so that I can wear it all the time without the smell factor. The smell from Adam's workout clothes are enough to knock you out dead. He always wears his favorite outfit despite having several nicer outfits that I have picked out for him! The other day he goes, "The gym smelled really bad today, what do you think that was?" The gym did not smell bad, he was just smelling his workout clothes!!!! lol

    I am proud to be making progress on the assisted pull-ups. I think maybe I will be able to do 1 unassisted by the end of the year! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hope you broke it to Adam gently that it was HE who was the smelly kid at the gym! I am not thinking of Pheobe's Smelly Cat song.

      Good job on your pull up progress! I hope your are feeling beastly.

      Delete
  3. I have a bright pink top I wear practically every day in the winter--It's warm, and I call it my "don't get hit by a car shirt"...I think it will be time to retire it after this season. It's hard to toss it when it looks fine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you can lift such heavy weights! I have not tried bench in a really long time. I would love to know what I can do.

    ReplyDelete