A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mountain Climbers: A Favorite Exercise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 

So the past 24 hours have been some of the most difficult in my whole life. But right now I have nothing to do but sit and wait, so I am posting a blog. Please do not think I wrote this blog today. I wrote it several weeks ago... I have like 20 blogs written that I can just post whenever I want. I'm just trying to pass the time, so I'm posting. Oh, and don't worry. Even though the past 24 hours were very, very difficult, I am super confident about the days ahead.

ONWARD!

Remember the episode of MacGyver where Murdoch corners MacGyver and his friend Nikki on top of a mountain called The Widowmaker? The only way down was for them to CLIMB down!


Now, onto one of my favorite exercises...


Like many, many of my favorite exercises, I had no clue what a mountain climber was until the fabulous JK-L taught me how to do them. In fact, she had me doing a total of 5 minutes of mountain climbers (1 minute at a time) during one of the full body exercise programs she designed for me. IT WAS TERRIBLE! Mountain climbers never got easier for me! I was so excited when several months later, she designed a new program for me that did NOT include mountain climbers.

But by then, I realized mountain climbers had MANY benefits, and I kept doing them on my own. I didn't do them for 5 minutes anymore (CRAZY!), but I did them.


How To Do A Mountain Climber




Benefits of Mountain Climbers


1. No equipment needed.

2. A great exercise to use in HIIT.

3. Can increase anaerobic as well as aerobic fitness.

4. Works many muscles, and is basically a full body 
strengthening workout.

5. You don't need much room to do them.



Muscles Worked During A Mountain Climber


Core
Shoulders
Triceps
Legs
Glutes


Go ahead, try some mountain climbers during you next workout! You may love them... or love to hate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment