A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Weekly Workouts


Hey friends! Another week of workouts is in the books. I did a lot of lifting this week as I prepped and recovered from the Dam Half. But thanks to that race and feeling pretty good after, I got 31 miles in this week.

Saturday- The judgement free zone with Paul!

Bench Press- 4x8x50lb
Inverted Row- 4x12
Chest Press- 5x15x25lb
Lat Pull Down- 5x10x90lb
Shoulder Press- 5x12x17.5lb
Capt. Chair- 5x20
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 5x15
Stability Ball Sit Ups- 5x15x15lb
Bicycle Crunches- 5x40
Stretching/Hip/Glute Stuff



Sunday- Dam Half trail race. It was really hard but I felt accomplished when I was done! Race recap here.


Monday- Light upper body at home. There was no way I was running today! I'm giving my body a good two days off from the pounding pavement! I also did some stretching and rolling. Just some good old fashioned TLC!


Tuesday- Same as Monday. When I woke up, my ankles were so sore! They got better as the day went on, but I still didn't want to run on them.

Wednesday- 6 morning miles! My first run back. My legs were tired and I was still a little sore, but it was okay.



Thursday- 6 miles. I felt great on this run! And it wasn't super hot so my legs felt a bit speedy. I think it also helped I got less than 5 hours sleep the night before. Remember, I run really well when I get no sleep!

Friday- 6 miles again. I actually mapped out a route I hadn't run in awhile, but when I was .1 miles into my run, where I could've turned right (newish route) or went straight (to do my 1.5 miles loop)... I went straight! I did the 1.5 mile loop four times. AGAIN. Why do I keep doing this!? I crave the routine, I suppose!

Do you ever crave routine and monotony with your running routes? What is wrong with me? Feel free to diagnose.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for a great week and good recovery after the dam half. You got a lot of miles in and a lot of cross training and lifting too which is a good thing!

    I hate monotony with my routes... in fact I run different places each day to get rid of that monotony. But I also run 6 days a week. I think if I ran less I would probably be okay with the same routes (when I did run 3-4 days a week it was typically the same route).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you normally run from your front door or do you drive somewhere?

      Delete
  2. I do this too. I think routine "feels" easier mentally as in there is less to think about versus a new route. When I'm feeling lazy or just not "feeling it" I opt to run on my route through the woods. Physically it is a harder run and my pace always suffers but mentally I "think" it's easier on me because it's shaded and i'm secluded and in my own little world. I know it doesn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you made a good point, whatever it is about the routine is that it's definitely a MENTAL thing! Whether it makes sense or not, for some reason, it makes sense in our brains!

      Delete