A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Weekly Workouts


I ran a little less this week because I have a half marathon trail race on Sunday. Even though I'm just running the race for "fun", I wanted to take it easy this week.

Saturday- Lifting @ Planet Fitness. Paul and I were there for a long time and we both got swole.


Bench Press- 5x6x50lb
Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Lat Pull Down- 5x10x85lb
Inverted Row- 5x10
Shoulder Press- 5x8x22.5lb
Tricep Push Down- 5x10x30lb
Bicep Curls- 5x6x20lb
Capt. Chair- 5x20
Bicycle Crunches- 4x40
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 5x15
Stability Ball Sit Ups- 5x15x15lb
Hip/Glute work and stretching

Sunday- THE SCARIEST RUN OF MY LIFE!!!! (Ended up with 6 miles. 2.5 on trail, 3.5 on road.)

Monday- 6 morning miles. It was freaking cold!!! I had on short sleeves and shorts. I would've liked some gloves! But I was speeeeeeeeeeedy. Guys, this is over a minute faster per mile than all of my runs this summer!


Tuesday- Lifting chest @ home.



Chest Press- 5x10x30lb
Push Ups- 10x10
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Tricep Dips- 5x15
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 5x15
Stability Ball Sit Ups- 5x15x15lb
Bicycle Crunches- 5x40
Planks- 5x45 sec
Hip/Glute exerices and stretching

Wednesday- Lifting back@ home.


Band Asst. Pull Ups (Wide Grip)- 5x6
Band Asst. Pull Ups (Neutral Grip)- 5x6
Row- 5x10x25lb
Bicep Curls- 5x10x15lb
Plank w/ Row- 5x10x10lb
Bicycle Crunches- 5x40
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 5x15
Stability Ball Sit Ups- 5x15x15lb
Hip/Glute Exercises

Thursday- 6 miles! Nothing crazy to report. It's a little warmer out so I'm in the 8:30s.

Friday- 6 miles! Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo


Today (Saturday) will be lifting upper body, or rest. Whatever I feel like! Then Sunday is the DAM HALF!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your half tomorrow! Don't blame you to take it a little easy but you still got a lot of miles and workouts in last week. I love those first cool days when your pace drops like crazy on runs because of the summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great week with all your running and weight training. Good luck on your race tomorrow! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete