A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Posting on the fly!

Normally, I have my blogs scheduled way ahead of time but tonight (Monday night!) I am writing on the fly!

I had a post scheduled for today but I didn't feel like fleshing it out. It's called "Teaching Made Me An Introvert". But then when I researched what exactly an introvert is, I realized it means a lot of different things. What's the real definition of an introvert?

My post for Friday is being fleshed out this week and I'm really excited for it. Meranda @ Fairytales and Fitness gave me the idea. She texted me a question about dress codes in the work place and then talked about maybe doing a post on work attire. It gave me the idea to do a Friday 5 post of the five outfits I wore to work for a week. 

Then I wasn't sure it was going to work because I was worried I'd cheat and wear more stylish stuff than normal because I knew I'd be sharing it on the blog. But then it dawned on me... I had already laid out all my clothes for the week! There would be no way to cheat as long as I actually wore what I laid out before I knew I'd be sharing it with Blogland! So if you're my friend on Snapchat, that means your probably think I never wear anything but PJs. On Friday, I will prove you wrong! I do wear "normal" clothes when forced to look presentable!

I am really excited that so many of you said you would read a post about JonBenet! I may have to break it up into 2-3 little posts. I don't want to write a HUGE post that takes 20 minutes to read. I'll try to keep it engaging. And I will ask some VERY thought provoking questions to those of you that are parents. The questions may be a little uncomfortable...

Oh, GOOD NEWS! On Monday I had a freaking fabulous 6 miler. I missed running SO MUCH. I took 5 days off due to some adductor pain and then eased back in with lower mileage. I hope I'm "back" because the endorphins I had on the way to work after that run were the BOMB DIGGITY. I'll keep you posted!
I never know what to ask on these on the fly posts! Suzy always has good questions. Go read her blog and answer one of those!

25 comments:

  1. Yay for the awesome run!
    You have some great blog posts coming up. I'm excited to read your Friday 5 post. Will you be including what you will be wearing on Friday as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will include Friday, but I can't decide if I should put the whole outfit on the night before for pictures or just lay the outfit out as Flat Megan.

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a good run! I am hoping that I will be saying the same thing after a few days off. I think it will be fun to see what you wear to work all week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope a couple days off does the trick, Lisa. How does your spin endorphins compare to your running endorphins?

      Delete
    2. Not the same! Haha. But at least I sweat, and today I got outside for a walk, so the felt good to get some fresh air.

      Delete
  3. YEAH!! So glad you had a great run! I hope to have one today too. It's been a full week since I've run and over a week since I've run without falling! :D

    Looking forward to your OOTW (outfits of the week lol) posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it's been a week! How has it been that long? Time goes sooooooooooooooo slow when you can't run. The week I couldn't run I was so sad. Are you coping?

      Delete
    2. I didn't get as good sleep when I wasn't running -- but tonight I ran and I intend to get amazing sleep!!!

      Delete
    3. I hope your run was awesome and that you slept soundly! When I wasn't running I was sleeping A LOT.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a good run and the pain is gone. Sometimes a day or two off is just what we need, I guess. Since I work at home and run a lot, I rarely wear real girl clothes unless I'm going out. I just get dressed to run and I am dressed for the day (I'm not a morning runner). I can't wait to read your Friday 5 and your JonBenet posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate disrupting my schedule but I know I would not be happy if I ran through something and made it worse or made it last longer.

      Delete
  5. Yahoo on the great run!! I'm looking forward to seeing your outfits. Fun topic!
    Jon Benet info sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to share my outfits too! MEG GO FASHIONISTA!

      Delete
  6. Aww, you're too sweet. A good question for this one would be "what kind of underwear do you wear with fitted dress pants?" I'm a thong girl, but I know that some of my friends hate that feeling of material in their crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that IS a good question. I used to wear thongs allll the time. Now, I keep a couple pairs of underwear that are a tiny bit small so they aren't bunchy and I can wear them under tight things.

      Delete
  7. I am glad the leg is all healed up! That is wonderful news. I can't wait to read your JonBenet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Work place attire is interesting. My new workplace has business casual, but it ranges all over. I still dress up, but since I can get away with wearing sneakers, I'm doing it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I think I could wear sneakers at work if I really wanted to. Like if I got some darker colored ones and wore them with dress pants and a sweater, I don't think anyone would bother me about it.

      Delete
  9. I am so excited for your the "what I wore to work" post! I don't know why! but I am!

    So, what is an introvert? I consider myself an introvert. but a mild introvert, I can look at people on the eye when talking to them, but feel more comfortable talking if I can't see them... that is weird, I know! Will you still do a post on that?

    Suzy does always have the best questions!! I try to be like her and have more awesome questions, but I can't even touch her awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are excited! I am a little excited too. My pictures aren't good. They are just me in my classroom lol.

      I think I will still post on the introvert thing but I think I need to read more about it before I start acting like I know what I'm talking about. I don't know if I really am an introvert. When I am with friends and family, I never feel like I need recovery. But being with students all day it takes me a LONG time to recharge at night.

      Delete
  10. When I do on the fly posts, they seem to turn out the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Cheat and be extra stylish" you crack me up! Oh and ALL of my posts are on the fly. My middle name isn't Seat of the Pants for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, extra stylish for an ELEM school teacher. ;) :)

      Delete