Today I'm going to share 5 things you can do today other than watch the inauguration.
If you're feeling anything like me, you are disappointed, angry, and scared of the prospect of our country being run by our president elect. The last thing I feel like doing today is watching inauguration coverage of a person I have absolutely zero respect for. So I thought about what I could do today other than give ratings to someone I feel is a danger to this country. What can I do today (and every day for that matter) to make this country and world a better place? Here's what I came up with...
1. Be the best teacher I can be. Whether you're a teacher, parent, aunt, uncle, or other role model for young people, it is our job to help raise and educate the next generation so our country will be in good hands.
2. Pick an issue or cause you care about and spend some time researching what you can do to help that cause.
3. Read. Knowledge is power.
4. Write a letter to thank someone who has changed your life for the better.
5. Get outside. It really is cathartic!
Another thing I will be doing is going to bed early. Tomorrow morning, I will march in Washington DC for respect, equality, and progress for ALL Americans!