I love running, but lately, I have just been feeling... MEH. I have no motivation to do tempo runs, speed training, long runs, or basically anything other than just my 5 standard miles. And even then, I feel like I am doing it just to do it.
I know, I know, I know...
Not every run is going to feel good.
There will be periods when I just don't feel like running.There are a myriad of reasons I may be suffering from this running funk. These are the reasons I came up with off the top of my head:
1. I am sick of running around my 'hood.
2. It's cold and dark out.
3. I'm always alone with my podcasts.
I'm not going to allow myself to wallow in this funk for too much longer! I love running, and I long to look forward to my runs and enjoy my time out there. I have been thinking of ways to make running more fun...
1. Run trail on the weekends. I love the trail, and I felt so alive on Saturday when I was with Paul at Swatara.
2. Reconnect with running friends for long runs. The Last Man Standing reminded me how much fun it is to run with people.
3. Go to the gym and run on the treadmill. Okay, that sounds like the opposite of what someone in a running rut might do, but I seriously just need something DIFFERENT! I was at Planet Fitness on Sunday and Wednesday. Both runs were stuffy and smelly, but I felt strong. Hopping on the treadmill once or twice a week could motivate me to do tempo and speed stuff. Just maintenance- nothing crazy.
4. Run some races- FOR FUN- on the weekends. I have some ideas, but I'm not saying anything since I have commitment issues with races. But hopefully there will be some "Surprise! I ran a race!" posts in the near future.
How is your running going these days?