A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I really needed this weekend! I tried to look at it as "pre-Christmas Break". I work today and tomorrow, and then I am off until January 4th! It seems like a lot of people are either already off or will be of very soon. I hope your Christmas Break is just around the corner!


After feeling sick and cruddy all week, I was excited to wake up Friday morning with some energy! I went on my very first run since my race, and I am happy to say I felt no pains or niggles during the entire 5 miles. I was slow as shit, but I got it done!

When I got to work, I felt tired and cold. I just could not get warm! Apparently I used up all my energy on my run and had nothing left to get me through the work day. WHEN WILL I STOP BEING SICK?

That evening I powered through, and Paul and I ran a million errands. I think we are finally ready for Christmas! It sucked because I didn't feel well at all, but it was nice to get everything done so I could relax on Saturday and Sunday.


I WAS SO EXCITED TO SLEEP IN ON SATURDAY MORNING! I hadn't been able to sleep late in 13 days. That is unheard of from a child free woman in her 30s!!!! I slept until 9am and it felt glorious.

My 5 mile run was windy and cold. When I got home, Paul said, "Did you crush it!?". "More like endured it," I replied. I was faster than the day before but not by much, and it felt like an effort. I didn't know if it was the race, being sick, or both, but I definitely did not have my mojo back!

My friend JK-L (aka Nice Scrabble Player) stopped by that afternoon and we went for a walk. We were in much need of some catch up time!

That evening, Bob and Rachel came over for holiday game night. We made them dinner- salmon and roasted cauliflower. It was wonderful to hang out with our friends!




Funny story: Earlier that day, Bob texted Paul and said, "What should we bring?" Paul replied, "Zest and joy!" Bob, always the jokester, showed up with just that...



Sunday morning I awoke with the distinct feeling that I ate and drank too much the night before! I just didn't feel 100% and it was my own fault! I poured some coffee and hunkered down to finish a puzzle I had been working on for about 3 weeks!

Our house was cold, so I pulled on the new fuzzy socks I got from Kristy @ Runaway Bridal Planner. We both participated in Fairytales and Fitness's Holiday Card Swap, and yesterday I got these fuzzy socks in the mail. It was a great gift- who doesn't like fuzzy socks!?



I also wrapped some presents. I love wrapping presents, but unfortunately, they are all wrapped now! I am sad!


I went for a run, even though I didn't feel like it. As the run progressed, I started to enjoy it!


Paul's friends came by to watch football. His friend Joe brought us presents from him and his wife, Brittany. She must know I love puzzles and I love my cats because she made me a puzzle with pictures of my cats from Shutterfly! I squealed so loud when I opened it up. I sat down and didn't get up until the puzzle was finished!


My favorite puzzle!!!!!

Later that evening, we went Christmas Caroling! Our friend Kristen invited us to go with her and some members from her church. I love Christmas Caroling!

Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Did you participate in Fairytales and Fitness's Holiday Card Swap?
Are your presents purchased and wrapped yet?

25 comments:

  1. That is the cutest puzzle ever! What a perfect, thoughtful gift!

    "That is unheard of from a child free woman in her 30s!!!! I slept until 9am and it felt glorious."

    ^ That made me laugh twice. First because I definitely understand and second because 9am is NOT sleeping in! I slept in on Sunday until almost 11am, now THAT felt glorious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Since I normally get up at 5:45am, 9am IS sleeping in for me!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I am not done shopping, and haven't started wrapping...I don't enjoy either!
    2 days left until vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think you have an excuse! How about you tell your kids their present is the new house!? Then you don't have to shop or wrap!

      Delete
  3. I adore that puzzle. I am going to make Rick one of Macy! I got all my wrapping and baking done this weekend! I love doing both so I was in HEAVEN! Now I am off until January 4th so my agenda will include a lot of movies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick will LOVE that! :) Make sure you share a picture on FB.

      Enjoy all of your days off! I wish we lived closer and we could hang out during our time off!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I wish we did, too. How much fun we'd have. I know how much you and I are alike and I know our guys are too!
      P.S. right now I wish I lived in PA near YOU since Colorado still has too much snow and ice to run outside. I did my 4th indoor track run with rowing intervals and I feel like I am going to lose my mind (first world problem)

      Delete
    3. Uggggh I know that is a great workout but not what you enjoy the most. :( It is going to be 60 on Christmas Eve here in central PA!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that zest and joy thing is too funny! I remember going Christmas caroling once when I was about 12. All my presents are finally wrapped- such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! :) I bet they look beautiful under your tree.

      Delete
  5. I like that you could've slept 'til 1, like you said, but you slept 'til 9. When I sleep in, I usually sleep until after 11! -___-

    I love that people actually Christmas Carol near you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just relaxing to know that I don't have to get up for anything, even if I end up getting up earlier. :)

      I don't think a lot of people do Christmas Carol, but we did! The people were very appreciative. A lot said, "This made my night!" although some shut the door before we were done haha! At one house, we saw someone look out the window but they didn't open, so we sang to their dog, who was looking out the window of the front door at us and all we could see was his outline. It was so funny!

      Delete
    2. LOL I love that dog story!

      Who would shut their door before you were done though?! That's so Grinch-y! If you don't celebrate Christmas I can see not answering the door or politely explaining the situation if you do open it... but to shut the door! Wow! O_o

      Delete
    3. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, it is still asshole-y to shut the door! I mean we only sang one song, just listen and be happy people are spreading cheer!

      Delete
  6. I know I saw you got an iTunes gift card! :) That is awesome! My blogger got... well I effed up. You will have to visit HoHo and read about it!

    You are off today!? YAYAYAY I am sure you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Presents purchased, but no wrapping yet! Ja!
    Your friends are funny!!! Loved that they took it literally :D

    Merry Christmas!! <3 , Helly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited to have met you from the card swap, I was also so happy to hear you got the card. I like you had been sick forever and was so late on getting everything out, I was worried things wouldn't arrive before Christmas, and am glad they did. Also glad you liked the socks too:)
    Looking forward to getting to know you better, now that I have been introduced to your blog! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to sing in a kids choir and we would go caroling all the time. I loved it. It felt so Christmasy. And I love that Shutterfly puzzle of your cats, like how thoughtful is THAT gift?! It's the best! Glad you're starting to feel better and running without pain. The mojo will come back stat, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does feel Christmasy! I am glad you got to go as a kid. I don't think I ever did until I was a teenager.

      Delete
  10. Aww that Puzzle is the best! That is so cool that it's your own cats! That is also cool that you got fuzzy socks from Kristy! So glad you participated in the card swap!
    I am SO looking forward to holiday break to sleep in but chances are i'll be getting up early just to get ahead and get things done. Anymore on the weekends i've been getting up at 7:30 just to catch up on some work. When does it end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks or organizing the swap! It is such a nice thing to do to spread some cheer around and hopefully discover new blogs!

      I hope it is not school work you are catching up on. I FORBID you to take schoolwork home during your break! Remember, you are supposed to have a REALLY GOOD taper, which means sleep in and relax! :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't gone Christmas caroling since..forever! I forgot how fun that can be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of fun things are happening in your life. It is always good to be able to hang out with our friends. It's nice to be able to treat them in your home. Hospitality is its own blessing in a way, helping us to form bonds with those around us. I think that meal you prepared was healthy too.

    Catarina @ Wild Fitness

    ReplyDelete