A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, July 1, 2019

Beach Week with my Girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Last week, four of my very dear friends and I spent a girls weekend at Dewey Beach. We are all music teachers, but we are different ages different stages of our lives. I learn so much from these incredible women. I'm so glad we got to spend five days together!

On Monday morning, Karen, Cat, Andrea, and I loaded all of our stuff (I definitely over packed!) into my Mazda and headed to Delaware. Laveena would join us the next evening as she had a work commitment.


The trip down flew by because we jibber jabbered the whole way. I was thrilled to get compliments on my driving from all of my friends. My new Mazda is very roomy and handles quite well! I was very efficient as I zipped down Route 1!

Our AirBnB was about a 10 minute walk to the beach. It had three stories. The first floor had a common room comprised of a couch, table, and kitchen. There was also a half bath. On the second floor was a bedroom shared by Cat and Laveena as well as a full bath. On the third floor there were two bedrooms. Karen, as eldest, got her own room. Andrea and I shared the room with two sets of bunk beds. 

Funny Story: Due to the bunk beds, Andrea and I joked that we were in prison and called each other "Cellys". We also assigned prison nicknames to each other. I was Moscato Mama because I'm older and I drank moscato all week. I dubbed Andrea Snoop Dog because anytime we needed something in the Air BnB (toilet paper, extra coffee mugs, etc) Andrea would go digging around in closets and cabinets and find whatever we needed.

Even though there was only one common room, we never felt crowded and we never got sick of each other!


Outside, there was a pool. I was convinced it would be swarming with children, because that's usually the case. But surprisingly, we had the pool all to ourselves each day!


We quickly fell into an easy, relaxing routine. Each morning, we would wake up whenever we felt like it (usually around six, since apparently we were all still on "school time"), drink coffee, make breakfast, and just chill out for a bit. Then we would all go off to do our various workouts for the morning. My friends did a lot of walking while I got my runs in.


Around 11 it was time to hit the pool and start daaaaaay drinking! We had stopped by the liquor store on our way down so we were all loaded up with our drinks of choice. I was drinking "Moscato Mamas", which is my own concoction of grapefruit seltzer water, moscato, and vodka.



Each day, someone made lunch for the group. This was an awesome way to try new recipes and save money. I made quiche, Laveena made toasted cheese with homemade tomato soup, and Andrea made gyros with French fries. One night Karen made us a yummy salmon dinner and another night Cat made chicken wraps. The other two nights splurged and went out to eat!


After our lunch, we would head down to the beach for more relaxing and day drinking. One night we even stayed at the beach until seven! We had perfect weather all week. I definitely got a bit of a tan.



In the evenings, like I said, we'd either eat out or eat in. Sometimes we would head to Rehobeth to check out the boardwalk and shops. But we always went to bed tired and happy.


 
  





On our last full day, we switched things up. Instead of hitting the pool and the beach, we went to a winery for a tasting and then Dogfish Head Brewery.








By the end of the five days, some of us were more ready to go home than others. I myself found it to be the perfect amount of time to be away. I was ready to go back to reality and back to the KITTIES!

This whole vacation was Karen's idea and I'm so thankful she organized it. I really hope we get to do another girls vacation next summer!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really fun trip! I haven't taken a girls trip in over a decade...it's hard to plan when people have their own lives to worry about! Maybe I'll make that a priority next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to plan but I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Girls trips are the best! And 4-6 people are the perfect number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun. That looks like the perfect place to do a morning run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! Worth the $10 each day hahaha

      Delete