A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Most Patriotic Thing You Can Do This Fall

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's the most patriotic thing you can do this fall? That's easy!


Vote in the midterm elections on November 6th!


Not registered? No problem! It isn't too late! Check out the voter registration deadlines for your state.

Need to register? Find your state or local election office here.

Away at college? Going to be busy that day? Make sure your absentee ballot is mailed in time! Check your state's guidelines here.

Voting is your VOICE and it's important to make your voice heard! 

In the 2016 presidential election. Only 56% of eligible voters cast a ballot. That means there are millions of Americans out there who are eligible to vote but did not.


There is so much at stake in the midterms. You know it. I know it. A lot of people are looking ahead at 2020, but we cannot stay home in 2018. Midterms are famous for low voter turnout, especially among young people... which is RIDICULOUS. Young people can make a HUGE difference in the midterms this year. Research the candidates, see who is going to be YOUR voice, and get out there on Election Day! (Or mail in your absentee ballot!)

Don't let your voice go unheard! Mark your calendar for November 6th!

Note: If you are already planning to vote, try to reach out to some of your friends and family who may not be registered or who may not normally vote in the midterms. Bottom line: Spread the word!

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully independents get out and vote this fall. I think traditionally it's hard to get them out to vote, so I'm hoping the candidates make strong appeals to them!

    I wonder if social media will change voter demographics. It sounds silly but I feel like posting selfies with your "I Voted" sticker is considered cool. There's that and of course things more important things like school shootings, student loan debt and low wages (even for college grads) that I should get them out to the polls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the young people are motivated. I was not motivated as a young person. I just didn't care. Now I'm old and I care.

      Delete
  2. We are almost all ready to vote! I kept checking on my brothers that they updated their address and I registered my Mom... just need to register my Dad now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your dad registered. HEY THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VOTING RIGHT!??

      Delete