A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, September 2, 2018

9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Here we go, my last installment of my school memories... 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.

If you missed 1st-4th, check out this post.
If you missed 5th-8th , check out this post.

First of all, all of my high school memories run together. So let's get what you're really interested in out of the way first... The pictures!


9th Grade

10th Grade

11th Grade

12th Grade

I have some great memories of high school...

1. I performed in all 4 high school musicals: Guys and Dolls, Barnum, Hello, Dolly!, and Anything Goes. I was the lead in Hello, Dolly! and I was the co-choreographer for Anything Goes. My dream was (and still is, ha!) to be on Broadway!

Me and Tom rehearsing for Anything Goes
2000

Me and Ashley backstage at Hello, Dolly!
1999

Me in the title number- Hello, Dolly!
1999

I got to wear some awesome costumes as Dolly!
1999

2. My senior year, I made it to District Chorus! The weekend I spent rehearsing and performing was so fun and at that point in time, it was the most advanced choir I ever performed with. You must audition for district chorus and I worked really hard learning the repertoire. A shout out to my voice teacher, Cindy Stence, who helped me get there!

3. I had my first boyfriend! During my senior year, I starting dating a boy from a neighboring school district. We had a lot of the same interests and mutual friends, so we hit it off right away. We dated for about two years and I was really happy. Besides Paul, he was the only other boyfriend I ever had. (Of course I dated guys in between the time my high school boyfriend and I broke up and I met Paul, but I wasn't exclusive with anyone.)

Things I didn't like about high school:

1. People making fun of me.
2. Marching band.
3. Science and math classes. (Even though I LOVED my math teacher, Mrs. Miller, I didn't like doing the work.)

There were only four seniors in marching band!
2000

Here are some random pictures I snagged from my yearbooks...

Ashley, me, Sherrie, Michelle, and Mandy won first place at our school's first annual Lip Sync Contest. Ashley and I choreographed a routine to Hey Mickey!
1999

For the Senior Superlatives, Jared and I were voted "Broadway Bound".
Spoiler Alert: Eighteen years later, neither of us are on Broadway but we are both music teachers!
That's the next best thing, right?

Ashley, Jared, and I posing for our senior yearbook.
The auditorium was our happy place!

 Me and Ashley posing for a yearbook picture about our school newspaper, The Tatler.

I totally forgot, I was class president my freshman year!
1997
Tell me a memory you have from high school!

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about your experience in high school! I think it is so cool how involved in theater you were! I can't sing and I didn't play an instrument so I was in art class -- which I loved! And I got to hang out with a totally different group of kids which I also loved (I just really wanted to be friend with everyone in HS!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bad at art! Did you ever design scenery or anything like that for the shows?

      Delete
  2. I loved your hair in 12th grade! That's so nice you have so many memories of your musicals and stuff. I would have loved to be in one of our HS productions it I cant sing nor dance so I guess there would t be much for me to do. I could handle having a speaking only role...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time I ever cut it short. Before then I just wanted looooooong, luxurious hair. Unfortunately, my hair is so fine and never got to be long and luxurious. You should have auditioned! You could have been in the chorus or something. It's their job to make you look good.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, look at you in Hello Dolly!! That's so cool. I never had an interest in performing on stage. I'm impressed with your skills! Hmmm, I remember that my French teacher actually knew Brooke Shields. LOL . That's some great celebrity connection, oui?

    ReplyDelete