A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Oldies But Goodies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recently, Meranda @ Fairytales and Fitness posted with some links to some older blog posts. She and her sister Lacey have been writing their blog for years, so she wanted to share some older posts not everyone may have seen.

I thought that was an awesome idea, so I thought I would do the same thing. Thanks for the idea, Meranda!

With nearly five years of posts to choose from, it was hard to narrow down what to share with you today! I tried to keep it to posts from my first three years of blogging.

Here are some oldies but goodies!


My Trip to The View - Paul and I were in the studio audience at The View... and then I went back and was on the show!!!

"Going" on a Run - Going #1 and #2 on a run...

Have A Dress Rehearsal - A racing tip for you!

I Unfriend People on Facebook - ... and it gets me in trouble.

Standing Up For Female Runners - The time I showed some high school kid who was boss.

Domestic Forensics - That time I woke up to blood spatter in our music room!
How long have you been reading Meg Go Run?
Do you remember any of these posts?

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found this topic to be fun! I don't know when I started reading Meg go run and honestly I don't even know how I found you! But i'm glad I did and I have gone back to read previous posts!

    You know I rarely use facebook but Last night, I actually "unfolled" a ton of people. I no longer need to see people I went to HS with ( I know that sounds mean) and I no longer need to see people who post things just for the sake of showing off. I've kept only my running friends, blogging friends, and some I actually have something in common with. I even "unfollowed" some family members..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember how I found ANYONE anymore.

      Good for you for streamlining your social media to make it more what you want it to be. In hindsight, I should have just unfollowed people...

      Delete
  2. I remember all of these! Long time fan right here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've been reading your blog "forever". Does that help? haha I don't remember reading the Facebook Unfriending post, but it was fun doing that right now. I'm with ya - I've unfriended only a couple of people, but I haven't got caught. However I did notice my boss's wife unfriended ME, and she is the nicest, God-loving person on earth. WTF? Maybe she didn't like seeing me all sweaty in a running bra, or drinking beer?? (those are separate occasions, usually)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, maybe she is just keeping Facebook to family members or something? Did you guys ever interact on FB or were you guys just friends with no interaction? Maybe that is why? Don't take it personally! For instance, when I unfriended that gal, it wasn't because I didn't like her or anything... we just literally weren't friends!

      Delete
  4. I went back and read those post just now. And here are my comments on each

    1. Do you still watch the View? I'm only asking because that post is from 2013.

    2. It's funny that people always want to know if we are winning races... and It is a brilliant idea to carry TP on runs.

    3. I love the idea of a full dress rehearsal, including getting up at the time of the race, and racing some of the course! I want to try that.

    4. I don't know if you still feel the same, but my feelings get hurt when people are rude to me. Like just now, I was driving to work and I was turning on Cameron street, but a man was crossing the street, so I slowed down. The driver behind me honked at me, and the man crossing the street flipped ME off!! and I just made a gesture to him, trying to say that I wasn't the one honking, that it was the jerk behind me!! I didn't want him to think I was honking at him, and it frustrates me very much when people flip me off.

    5. teens are jerks!

    6. This one I remember!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel really bad when my feelings are hurt, and I think it's because I'm not used to having them hurt very often!

      People need to CALM THE EFF down when they're driving!

      Delete