A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, November 30, 2014

"Oh No, It Snowed!" Workout




The first snow storm of the year hit PA on Wednesday! My area got a lot of wet, heavy snow.

I get so annoyed in the winter when the weather does not allow for me to safely run outside or safely drive to the gym and hop on a treadmill. And since I don’t own a treadmill, if it’s too slippy to run and too slippy to drive, I have to stay home! Boohoo!

This conundrum inspired me to create the “Oh No, It Snowed!” workout. Feel free to bookmark this post and bring it out on those winter days when you find yourself snowed in!

The whole point of this workout is to give you the endorphin high and happy/tired feeling us runners are addicted to! Believe me, when you are done with this workout, you will no longer be mourning the fact that you were snowed in and couldn’t run. You will be too tired to worry about that!

In the video, I demonstrate one entire round of the workout. But I urge you to do four rounds! That’s right! FOUR ROUNDS! Come on, you can do it! Put the video on loop and do it four times with me!





**In movements that involve your legs, R+L = 1**

Jelly says, "Come on, you can do it!"

How do you workout when you are snowed in?
Are you going to try my "Oh No, It Snowed!" workout with me!?

19 comments:

  1. I love that Jelly supervises and is so motivating. :) I'm anticipating quite a few of those days again this year, but at least now I have your video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have a few "Oh No, It Snowed" workouts that I do on snow days. It also bothers me when I wake up and their is snow on the ground when I am really looking forward to a run! Happy Working Out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's so crushing to really feel the NEED to run and not be able to!

      Delete
  3. You are the best personal trainer ever, I love that you keep it real!

    It was so nice to hear "this is gonna suck" and "my shoulders are burning" instead of "isn't this so fun?!" I think it's so much more motivating to know someone else is suffering with me instead of thinking they are breezing through while I'm dying!

    I bookmarked this post! I just got back from my long run, so I won't be doing this today, but I will SOON! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I don't know if personal trainers are SUPPOSED to say something sucks but... hey, you know I like to speak the truth!! :) I started to die a little during the stability ball pull ins. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice! If it rains and somehow I can't get to the gym I use a lot of great free apps like Nike Training Club and Gain Fitness. Basically the same concept as what you are doing. I like your orange walls BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some awesome vids online! My friend works out and ALL she does are online vids from youtube. Omg remember when we used to have to BUY videos? hehe

      Delete
  5. Ahh, that looks intense! I think I'll try it tonight since my gym closes early :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemme guess... a YMCA? Ours is only open from like Noon-6 on Sundays!

      Delete
  6. This looks awesome!! I will try it when I can do all of the arm stuff again (soon!).
    My workouts don't really change due to the weather since I workout at home every day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice that you have all the equipment you need! I am getting a pull up bar for Christmas.... slowly, but surely I will be able to lift at home!

      Delete
  7. I love the workout! We only got about an inch here in DC so I managed to sneak to the gym and get a quick workout in there =).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, the title of this post made me laugh. When I get snowed in, and there is a lot of snow, I will pull out my xc skis and take a stroll around the neighborhood. Otherwise, I jump on my bike trainer. Great pointers here - sometimes you just have to work with what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to spin but now it aggravates my IT band :( I definitely never worried about snow when I was able to get on my spin bike!

      Delete
  9. I know! Last year, we had a lot of "It's too cold to go to school" days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jelly must be a fantastic motivational tool, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great blog and these types of blogs helps in motivating myself. Thanks for sharing fitness videos, I usually watch these videos when I need to do workout. I love doing workout ddaily to keep myself fit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent workout for winter days! Such a better alternative than a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete