A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Well, Hello!!!!!

Wow. It's been almost two months since I posted on Meg Go Run. It seems like a lifetime ago. But now that I think about it, it makes sense. When I was posting daily, my life was completely different. Meg Go Run represents a part of my life that just doesn't exist anymore. That's neither good nor bad. It just is. Life changes. Life moves on.

But just typing and editing that last paragraph makes me realize how much I miss writing! I started writing fictional stories in elementary school. (I still have many of them tucked away!) I started journaling at a very young age and have every journal I have ever written . (Are you impressed!? If so, maybe you better thank my mother!!!)

Writing has always been part of my life. I think that is because reading has always been part of my life. I really believe avid readers make good writers. It worked for me, at least.

When I started Meg Go Run, my life was set. Things were comfortable. It was easy to share and overshare. Meg Go Run started out as a fitness and running blog but it became much more than that. I am comfortable with everything I have shared over the past 7 (ish) years. In fact, I can't tell you how cool it is that I can use my blog to look back on different parts of my life and training and understand what I was thinking and feeling during that time. It is like an online journal!

Since I last spoke to you, some things have changed.

1. I started my 15th year teaching elementary music. Teaching isn't the same as it was even five years ago. I am burnt out. Teaching is such an emotional job and I feel like I have no more emotion to give. But I am tenured. I am established. I am good at what I do. I have health insurance. I have good benefits. In my heart, I know it is okay to not be in love with my job, but I feel like if you are a teacher, people judge you if you are not in love with your job. You know what I say to that? WHATEVER. Teachers are not martyrs. We are people. I can do my job and be good at my job and not be in love with my job. That's where I'm at. Judge me if you want. Actually, before you judge me, come do my job for a day. Then you can tell me your opinion!

2. I'm still a super speedy runner! As you know, I got pretty fast this past winter and it extended into spring and summer. Now fall has arrived and my speedy paces feel even more effortless because it is cooler. I definitely don't always feel like getting up at the ass crack of dawn to run, but once I am out there on the road, I feel awesome. I'm in really good shape. My next race is Hyner in April 2020, so honestly, this speediness is strictly for my own enjoyment.

3. I may start going to therapy every other week. I love my therapist. He has helped me through the most difficult times in my life. But thankfully, things have settled down and we both feel like bi weekly therapy sessions are the next step. I am so thankful that I have health insurance that enables me to get the mental health care I need when I need it. I am also thankful for my therapist who has invested in me and helped me so much.

That's all I got for now! It's not a completely transparent update of my life but it's what I'm comfortable sharing right now!

Please, please, please, if you are compelled at all, comment and tell me about YOU! I want to know what's going on in your life! Brag! Or tell me your hardships! Or just give me an update! Even if you never commented on this blog before, tell me something going on with YOU! I care. I swear, connecting with others is the coolest thing Meg Go Run has ever brought to me!
teacher people

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you're back, the internet is a better place tonight!

    Ima take a wild guess that 99.9% of folks would not last one day as a teacher, you have all of my respect there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how *I* make it through the day sometimes!! I wouldn't say I'm totally back but it was nice to write a blog post. :) I hope everything is well with you!

      Delete
  2. I was SO HAPPY to see this post!
    I am absolutely swamped this year with school work! I couldn't even imagine taking on one more thing. It is because I am creating new lessons for one of my courses. Hopefully next semester will be easier.

    In Running News, I am running the Hershey Half Marathon with my mom. We are staying at the Hershey Lodge and I am so excited!

    In personal news, I am doing okay. I am pass the grieving stage. Emotionally I am ready to move on. I have learned to enjoy the alone time I have been having. However, I am looking forward to adding 4 little paws to my home in 2020. I know that means getting on a waiting list like NOW, but I just can't commit to that right now. ( I know I am probably contradicting myself...haha). Hope to see more blog posts from you. Text me when you want to get together again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured this school year must be crazy for you! Have you stayed at the lodge before? Have fun with your mom! Get your name on that waiting list, girl!

      Delete
  3. Hey friend...just getting ready to text you to find out how you are and then I thought "maybe she blogged" and there you are! So good to get a catch up on your life (I am still going to be texting you, though). I miss your blog. It's the only one I read so when you don't blog, I have no blog to read. LOL. Life here is great. Just spent 11 days in Peru and 5 of that was hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu! The most challenging, rewarding thing I have ever done. It was epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw pics on facebook! I can't wait to hear more about it! I'll definitely message you today or this weekend. Miss you!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear from you again!

    I finished my 8th marathon on Sunday, and posted on facebook that my friends could slap me if they ever heard me talk about registering for another one (with a further statement that the only exception to this was the London Marathon, if I ever got a spot I wanted to do that one)...and then Wednesday I found out I got a spot in the London Marathon ballot! Ha!

    "I can do my job and be good at my job and not be in love with my job." Dude, no judgment here! I was previously a social worker, and it was so hard leaving. I was good at it and I cared so much about it, but I just couldn't do it anymore. And I beat myself up for a long time about that. But then I see other people who can clock in, work, clock out and disconnect and I'm all, "but how?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your 8th marathon!!! And what does it mean that you got a spot on the ballot? Are you in???

      Oh man social work is another career in the same vein as teaching where I feel like at some point you have to disconnect or you'll go crazy with emotion. I know you get it.

      Delete
    2. Yup, I'm in for London and just had to pay my £39 entry fee (cheapest marathon fee I think I've ever paid)! London runs a lottery entry (like NYC), and if you don't get in that way you need to either have a 'good for age' time or enter through a charity (where the minimum fundraising is £2000...). I'm still recovering from last week (though I feel surprisingly good) and am going to ease back into it, but I'm plotting out my training plan for the winter :)

      Delete
  5. I come from a family of teachers and I can see how with time, people crumble... even if they used to be really passionate about their job. It's hard job and it's tiring!

    Glad to see you blog again. It doesn't have to be every day, as it used to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belum Pernah Menang Di Agen Poker Manapun?? Jangan Kecewa..Yuk cobain Donaco Poker...
    Permainan Boleh Sama..Hokinya Beda Boss...

    Nikmati Kemudahan DEPOSIT PULSA di Donaco Poker...
    Proses Cepat dan Mudah..

    DEPOSIT VIA TELKOMSEL

    DEPOSIT VIA XL

    DEPOSIT VIA AXIS

    Mainkan Permainan Dengan Kemenangan Tinggi menggunakan 1 user ID di Donaco Poker...
    * POKER
    * DOMINO
    * BANDAR CEME
    * CAPSA SUSUN
    * CEME KELILING
    * SUPER TEN
    * OMAHA

    Daftar Poker Deposit PULSA ==>> Disini <<==

    Dapatkan Juga Tips Cerdik Bermain Poker DIsini Tips Cerdik Poker

    Hubungi Kami Secepatnya Di :
    LINE : Donaco.poker
    WHATSAPP : +6281333555662

    ReplyDelete