A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Wednesdays are for trail running!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
As you know, I'm definitely a morning runner. But if I am able to "sleep in" (7:00am) on Wednesdays, it's a good day to save my run for the trail after school. (Wednesday is one of those magical days I don't have piano lessons after school...)

As soon as my last class left for the day, I changed into my running clothes. When the 3:40 bell rang, I hopped in my car and headed to the trail. I guzzled back a seltzer water on the way. I really need to drink more water...

I parked at Sherwood and planned to run up the mountain to the Cumberland County Overlook. The trail was so lush and green. It's been raining a lot in Central PA, so that helps to get everything looking nice and grown!



The last time I ran this route was just a week and a half ago. It is amazing how much more grown it looked! The storms did I number on it too. There were several spots where large trees had fallen across the trail.


I didn't stop for pictures at all on my way up. I just chugged along. I was determined to make it up the mountain without stopping to walk, except for the huge rock steps. My heart rate was up so high and my legs were SHAKING! But I did it. Of course I did. Because when I decide I'm going to do something, I DO IT.



Up!


The way back down is tricky. You can't really fly because there are a lot of little to medium sized rocks. I always look forward to the down until I am actually doing it, because you really have to use your muscles in a different way to get you down those rocky hills without falling. Oh, and the rocks are slick. That doesn't help, either!

However, I stopped along the way to take some nice pictures for this post. I did stop my Garmin when I took my pictures.



Funny Story: I forgot to pack my running sunglasses so I had to wear the glasses I wore to school today. I was the fanciest girl on the trail!


Down!

I am so thankful I live near beautiful trails and that I am healthy and able to run on them! Life is good.

Ps. No snakes, but lots of bunnies who weren't expecting me... They were SHOOK!

2 comments:

  1. I live near some pretty trails but nothing with that much elevation gain! I'm on a hunt to find the most challenging spot that's close to me.

    ReplyDelete