A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, April 1, 2019

Sort of a Weekend Wrap Up...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I was going to do a Weekend Wrap Up because I had a wonderful weekend with friends and family, but I just don't have the mental energy. I have the time... I definitely have the time... just no bandwidth in my brain!

It's Monday afternoon. I'm laying in my bed. Did I tell you I redecorated my bedroom? It is my OASIS. I will show you pics when I have the bandwidth to upload them!  Spoiler Alert: It's very pretty and cute.

It has occurred to me that minus the fact that I went to work today, I had a very "Real Housewife" type of day... I went to the gym, I went to therapy, I celebrated my cat's birthday, and now I'm in bed with a glass of red wine. Living the dream, right? Except for the 8 hours I was at work!

Okay, Maybe I can quick tell you a little bit about my weekend... But no pictures. Not enough bandwidth...

On Friday night, I had pad thai with Bree at the Bon Bon Cafe on the Carlisle Pike. So good, so affordable, and it's BYOB. Bree and I had a great time. I am so thankful for her friendship.

Saturday was spent with my mom, Ellie, Clementine, and Clark. We took them to Strawberry Square for lunch, to look at the big clock, and to ride the escalator. Then we went to see The Frog Prince at Popcorn Hat Players. The kids sat so nice and loved the show! This was their Christmas gift from Paul and I. We like to give "experiences" instead of gifts. Most kids don't need more "stuff" but they do need more quality time with their Nanny and Auntie.

Then went back to my brother's to celebrate my mom's birthday. I was the only one who didn't get to try his virtual reality game yet, so I got to do that. I don't know what the games are called, but there are three cameras in the room, a headset I wear, and it's hooked up to a computer. It is IN-FREAKING-SANE. There's this one game where you are standing on top of a tall building and even though intellectually I KNOW I am in my brother's bedroom, I am still super afraid of falling!

On Sunday, I went for a challenging trail run with Allison. She had to do 22 miles and I ran the first half with her. We did four climbs. She is training for Ironmaster's and I am training for Hyner. This was just as much a mental training run for me as it was physical. I finished strong and I feel like I am ready for my race on April 20th! The miles tick by so fast when I'm with Allison... I'm so glad we met and are not just running friends but real life friends too!

Also on Sunday I traveled to Philly to hang out with my friend Maggie. We went to this cute restaurant called Blue Comet and were there for nearly four hours just chatting away. I really needed to talk to Maggie. I'm so thankful for her friendship!

Wow, how did I get so lucky as to hang out with so many strong women this weekend? My cup runneth over with the friend love!!

This post went in a direction I wasn't expecting, but that's okay. I hope your week started out well! Maybe I can write something proper in the days to come.

What were you up to this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. Pad Thai is so good, and this reminds me that it's been forever since I've had any kind of Asian food, so I need to change that soon. I also love it when places do BYOB because sometimes I just don't like anything they have to drink and also BYOB is cheaper (we have liquor stores here that have minibottles in fridges ready to go!).

    So glad you got to share some time, meals, and runs with friends this weekend too <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BYOB is sooooo much cheaper. I really only want to go BYOB places anymore!

      Delete
  2. Such a busy, fun weekend you had! Isn't redecorating fun? Well, I sometimes think that actually doing it isn't fun, but the end result is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting can be a bitch but my friend helped me with that. She was key, I could not have done it without her!

      Delete
  3. I saw on Facebook that your mom's birthday is the same as Barbs birthday! A good day for the birth of good people!

    Adam has the virtual reality thing too and it is SO crazy. I don't like playing video games even in virtual reality, but I find things like just using Google Maps to walk through my neighborhood in virutal reality fun lol! Also there is this one game where you work for a restaurant and have to make people food in the kitchen and I find that one sort of fun but also stressful because you have to make the food as fast as possible or the customers get mad and it actually makes me sweat because I work so hard hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do that Google Map thing and he said there is a Google Earth flying thing. I guess I will have to go hang out with my brother more!

      Delete
  4. Wow, sounds like a really busy weekend! I agree on gifting experiences instead of things, it seems to be more fun and memorable :) How nice that you re-did your room and it feels like an oasis now. Ours is a giant mess at the moment but I'm hoping to get it there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily our's was never messy but it was soooo blah and outdated!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see the new bedroom pics! I redecorated the master bedroom this past month, too! It's such a huge change from what it was and it makes me super happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you paint too? What color?? Mine was bright blue now it's a very light grey. :) Yellow accents!

      Delete
  6. Tujuan Livechat S128Poker Alternative Komunikasi Persuasif

    Ada tujuan lain agar komunikasi antara pemain dengan customer service agar dapat mengubah cara pikir dan juga sikap atau perilaku pemain ketika bermain judi bersama S128Poker. Inilah Tujuan Livechat S128Poker Alternative Komunikasi yang diharapkan dapat lebih persuasif dari (Baca Selengkapnya...)

    ReplyDelete